jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

earnings from hubpages

1. jfay2011 profile image59
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

How do you earn money from hubpages?  I signed up and am active now.  So you have to be active on amazon and ebay to get earnings?  I'm not active there yet.
    Also what kind of score do you have to get on your hubs to start earning money from it?  My brother has heard that they are a scam and that you have to get a really high score in order to get money.  He said that they make it very hard for you to earn money.  so far most of my scores are anywhere from 40's to 50s and sometimes 70's.  But I'm a new hubber.  Do your scores get higher after being a hubber for a long time?
    Not sure.  But I enjoy writing articles and putting my excerpts online anyway.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I earn money ever day and my scores range from the low 50s to the 90s. You need an Adsense account or an Amazon account. If you already have an Ebay account you can use it here too. Once you have an Adsense account you can sign up for the HPAds program.

You earn through Adsense when people click on the ads and through Amazon when they buy a product.

How much you earn is really up to you and how well you use keywords and promote your hubs.

So,no it is not a scam.

1. jfay2011 profile image59
        jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

How are some ways to promote my hubs?  I have advertised on a few of the free classified sites under announcements to direct interested people to my site, but is there another way?  I'm going to be advertising it in Google places.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
          Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The best way to get backlinks is organically... ie, don't try too hard.  You want to be careful not to violate the rules of whatever site you're posting on, as many of them (like us) have strict standards around promoting.  Start by posting a summary or teaser on your own blog and social networking profiles, like Facebook and Google+.

The Learning Center has a great entry about backlinking: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/a-gu … acklinking

2. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No scam. I earn very little, but I still earn. I suggest you read all the information in the learning center and the help section:

P.S. Welcome and good luck!

2. Bianu profile image61
    Bianuposted 5 years ago

I joined a while ago then kind of dropped out cos I was a bit disappointed. But then I signed in one day and discovered I had been making a few cents a day steadily.

So while it is no scam, you do need to work hard and research your articles and keywords.

Do not take it too seriously though, if something catches your fancy , just write and publish - you may be surprised.

Keep at it.