jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is advertising neccesary?

1. Neerizzle profile image85
    Neerizzleposted 5 years ago

So I'm hearing a lot of stuff about advertising your articles and gaining "SEO" and such. Is it necessary to do all of this or has anyone experianced traffic without going through such measures?

What exactly is SEO and what are the easiest ways of getting backlinks and such? I heard you can link your blogs on stumble-upon but how exactly do I do that? I made a stumble-upon account but don't know what to do after lol. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I don't do much off page SEO. I will link from articles I have on sites like Infobarrel and Squidoo if the content is absolutely relevant.

If I start a website I will put out a few Ezinearticles and a have a few links to Hubs from there. I don't have any kind of personal blog but I would link to relevant content here if I did.

I don't think manufactured backlinks make much difference unless you have hundreds of them. If you have hundred of spammy backlinks it can backfire if Google becomes aware of them.

Onpage SEO is something you need to do- make sure you have keywords that are worth writing about. Include them in titles, summaries and tags. Write something readable supported by photos and vids and let Hubpages authority in the SERPs do the rest.

The quality of the page matters more than SEO tricks.

3. Neerizzle profile image85
    Neerizzleposted 5 years ago

Ah alright, thanks for the answer it was helpful. smile

4. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

Depends.  I don't hub for money so I could care less about advertising.  I just enjoy the writing and interaction.  Others are all about the advertising.  Personal choice I guess.