jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

So, what's the deal with "Earnings Potential?"

1. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 8 years ago

Under the stats tab, there is a little bit of info under the hubmetrics that includes "Earnings Potential."  I can only assume that more dollar signs, the better. In fact, that's been my motto for some time.  But I was wondering if someone could explain to me what exactly that means and what affects it? I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I didn't see anything under the search I used.

1. waynet profile image46
      waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

More dollar signs means a few more than one!

2. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Check out the faq page

http://hubpages.com/faq/#metrics

3. adrainsean profile image60
    adrainseanposted 8 years ago

well the more $$$$ signs you have means The keywords you have in hub have higher CPC as per the google adwords... so more pay per click. smile

1. Len Cannon profile image89
      Len Cannonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. Everything official was vague mystery talk.

1. adrainsean profile image60
        adrainseanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Always a pleasure to help someone...hit me back if you have any doubts I will try my best to get it cleared..

2. shibashake profile image84
        shibashakeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I highly recommend Google Keyword Tool. Great way to find relevant keywords for your hubs and it also has very nice CPC data.

1. broalexdotinfo profile image60
          broalexdotinfoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I`m using Google Adwords keyword tool from time to time, but it`s not the best one you can use. As for earnings I think Hubpages vs. Traffic does not convert that well after all. 2$ - 5$ per 1000 visitors this applies in case you aren`t promoting your hubs too much. If anyone is here to make a full-time income, they shouldn`t expect that in less than 12 months.

Alex

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Remember, it's "potential," not any sort of guarantee.

5. DonnaCSmith profile image85
    DonnaCSmithposted 8 years ago

I am glad you mentioned that feature. I'd never looked at it before. It is interesting to see that my hubs with the most potential are my travel hubs. I guess more hotels, etc advertise with google ads than horse products;o)

That means I should go on more vacations so I have more places to inspire my writing. LOL, soon as I get rich writing for hubpages I'll start traveling; right now I can't afford the gas!

working