jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Some don't get it

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I just hub hopped and found a guy who was copying his hubs from online book sources such as Google Books. He even took one from the product info on Amazon. Are these people under the impression these things can't be found through a search engine? They do show up on Google search very easily. And they leap right out at you because they are formatted weirdly. Pretty pathetic if you ask me that people stoop to this.

2. calpol25 profile image76
    calpol25posted 5 years ago

The hubber is bound to get caught out, its terrible to think that someone could actually do that.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

I wonder why the duplicate content filter doesn't catch these? I've run across quite a few hubs that just have the product information from the product label listed - no real "writing," just a list from the label, followed by some links and a picture. I flag them when I find them, but the supply seems endless.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately, it is endless.  There will always be scammers and thieves and all that anyone can do is continue the fight.

Here on HP, the best tool we have is the flagging system.  As you say, flag them, and if their account is full of such garbage, flag the profile as well with an explanation for the moderators.