Traffic dropped!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (90 posts)
  1. shabarigirish profile image60
    shabarigirishposted 12 years ago

My 24 hrs stat shows 30% drop in traffic, I have switched to subdomain long back, all my hubs are indexed and was getting a good traffic till yesterday. Any of you are facing same problem?

1. kmackey32 profile image66
      kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No not yet. My traffic is steady at about 100 views a day but it does drop slightly on the weekends.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mines dreadful, but there again I've only been here for a few weeks so hopefully it will pick up.

Yes Hollie keep writing more. I have 84 hubs and some where written 2 years ago. It takes alot of time.

I will, thanks. On the plus side though I told myself I probably wouldn't make any money for the first year. However, I've made more than a dollar! smile

2. shabarigirish profile image60
        shabarigirishposted 12 years agoin reply to this

After subdomain switch over I was getting around 140-150 views a day, today (24 hrs stat) shows just 97.
        Hope it is nothing to do with panda and my SERP, just more people not searched the keywords which my hubs targeting.

2. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm facing the same.

3. stuff4you profile image57
      stuff4youposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whenever I stop promoting, my traffic drops for my hubs. I don't get natural traffic, really.

4. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I got killed. Traffic dropped massively. screwgle.

5. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Traffic is down, but earning are pretty good.

6. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Boy did traffic drop!  But it is the weekend...tomorrow will be better!

7. sarasotadui profile image60
      sarasotaduiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I experienced that too... No matter what that is..Just press on..

2. Uzdawi profile image73
    Uzdawiposted 12 years ago

My traffic is also down. Also, there is basically the same discussion here : http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/79215?page=4

It may also be cos it's the holiday season, perhaps?

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Probably Panda 2.4...

<snipped>

4. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Another one. I thought that happened a couple of weeks ago. Are they usually this frequent?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was monthly.  The SEO forums indicate they might be moving towards a more rolling update.

5. codehub profile image58
    codehubposted 12 years ago

panda sent my traffic from minuscle to microscopic, now I am just in between

6. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

I found an initial increase in traffic after the subdomain switch however have foun a slight downward trend recently too

It does always seem to go down slightly over a weekend

I've only been on here a few months and some of my hibs have taken a while to establish however search engine traffic is coming- very slowly to many of them.

7. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Yep. my stats are roughly half what they were yesterday, down below 1000 views for the first time in a while.  Funny, yesterday was my highest Adsense earnings since last year.  Must be another slap by Google. 

Oh well, we cannot do anything about it anyway.  We are at their mercy as usual.  smile

8. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Brilliant traffic day yesterday - traffic halved and on the floor today. Panda?

9. princess g profile image59
    princess gposted 12 years ago

My traffic is so slow I wouldn't even notice

10. anujagarwal profile image56
    anujagarwalposted 12 years ago

My Hub traffic is also down by almost 25%.

11. brandonhart100 profile image76
    brandonhart100posted 12 years ago

Similar result here... ouch

12. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

A new hub published yesterday is pushing my stats up, mainly with HP-derived views. However, even without that I am currently at about double the views I had before switching to a subdomain, although still only at two-thirds of the views I had pre-Panda.

All that being said, most of my hubs are still at 0-3 views per day most of the time, with one at 15-40ish views per day. I get about one Adsense click every two weeks or so usually of a very low value, and even that is not always from Hubpages. HPAds are very variable, with eCPM swinging madly over a massive range, but daily earnings generally are not much better than before the subdomain switch despite the increased views.

13. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

It's the Irony update.  I wrote about this at some length a while back but few people were able to find it, which is itself quite ironic.

If only people could have heeded my message. 

<snipped - Mark, please stop posting self-promotional links>

Disclaimer:  The message may be completely untrue.

14. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 12 years ago

My traffic dropped 50% overnight, lost about 2K daily visitors.  This stinks. sad

15. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 12 years ago

Looks like it may not be a Panda update...

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-panda-24-13856.html

16. Hubman007 profile image60
    Hubman007posted 12 years ago

50% drop here.

If its not Panda then what is it??

17. thejeffriestube profile image60
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

It could be the Internet truly is flat, and not round. Traffic may be falling off the edge of the Internet.

Sorry, just trying to cheer people up a bit.

18. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Perhaps one of the high muckedy mucks will deign to speak of this sudden drop soon.  smile

19. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 12 years ago

Yup, yup.. I was a little disappointed myself.  After the subdomain switch, my traffic boinged up higher than Tigger, but yesterday, well.. over 100 views down from pre-switch traffic.  Today isn't looking so hot yet either, but it's still early.

Hopefully it's just a thing, and whatever thing that it is, hopefully it'll go away.

20. Len Cannon profile image86
    Len Cannonposted 12 years ago

Hum.  I haven't had any real changes today.  That's not to say I'm anything special, just that I'm not getting any effect.  I am curious and concerned, however.

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Beware the Sub downsize to 6" subs.
      The entire subdomain strategy has yet to be tested by Panda and other Google jigs. Is this it!!
      The Cargo Cult is rife again!
      Is that a Plane I hear?
      A distant rumble, Perhaps?

lol too funny

21. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

We are all doomed!

22. melpor profile image92
    melporposted 12 years ago

My traffic have been trending up for the last few days and today I am seeing an increase from yesterday. I see decreases in traffic on weekend.

23. MyMastiffPuppies profile image59
    MyMastiffPuppiesposted 12 years ago

I am afraid to keep looking at my stats. I think I will leave it alone until tomorrow and hope it doesn't implode... I am hoping it is just some adjustment that will correct itself really soon.

24. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

My traffic has been incrementally increasing week on week since before the sub-domain update and since the update the increase has been marginally better than that.

Irrespective of Panda or ANY other algorithm update from Big G, its way too early to tell. Give it a minimum amount of time, from weeks, even months before we see the best (or worst) outcome out of all of these changes.

25. mulberry1 profile image83
    mulberry1posted 12 years ago

Me too!  My visits have dropped by more like 70% or so today.  Since the subdomain thing I had seen a steady increase...nearly doubling my traffic from previous months this year.  Now suddenly today I've become invisible. ???

Mulberry1, where are you, I cant see you?  lol

1. mulberry1 profile image83
        mulberry1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

IDK, but you apparently won't find me online anywhere sad

26. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 12 years ago

I don't think I have ever seen so many blue arrows!  I can't look anymore.  I am waiting for it to go down to zero.

27. HRoger profile image60
    HRogerposted 12 years ago

Wow this is really happening, I imagined it would but not like this.. I was getting from 140 to 170 hits per day, but most days over 100 and in the last 24 hours my traffic has dropped around 300%. I had about 30 hits in the last 30 hours or so and only 40 hits in the last 24 hours. This is truly horrible!

What the HECK! I can't believe my numbers and all my traffic is organic!

28. Jerry G2 profile image91
    Jerry G2posted 12 years ago

Initially with the subdomain switch I gained back about 1/2 of what I originally lost, going from 700-800 a day to 1300 a day, now I'm under 500 a day - which is the lowest I've been since my first few months here.

29. Ronnie_Dey profile image61
    Ronnie_Deyposted 12 years ago

Same here with more than 50% drop

30. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 12 years ago

Special thanks to Mark for providing the link to this thread.

My traffic is down by 75% - I have quality content, so dont think my sub domain has been marked down.  There could be a hubpages server problem.  I think I read somewhere that HP was going to up the server capacity - the transition may have had an effect on our traffic.

It would be lovely if HP would just confirm this - if we know why, we can just run with it.

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you shazwellyn - I really want to know if this is just some temporary adjustment, or whether those of us affected need to be doing something, and if so what?

31. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I think we just need to sit tight and wait it out. It's not Panda, it's something else, and it's not affected everybody. I lost about two-thirds of my traffic but it's levelled out this past 12-18 hours with no further drops - like it's sitting their waiting, trying to decide what to do next.

I got 19 new hubs out of the boost!

Now to concentrate on building my other sites further while we wait.

32. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

There's no change in my traffic here, continuing to go up since the subdomain switch. However, I did remove some of my hubs that I thought really weren't up to par -- just kind of getting rid of the content that I thought may hold down the rest on my subdomain.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We can see just how well you are continuing to do Melbel on http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/hubpages.com#

SubdomainPercent of Site Traffic
      hubpages.com 76.79%
      melbel.hubpages.com 0.39%
      blog.hubpages.com 0.36%
      isabellasnow.hubpages.com 0.31%
      ryankett.hubpages.com 0.29%
      anamikas.hubpages.com 0.27%
      pauledmondson.hubpages.com 0.23%
      andromida.hubpages.com 0.22%
      pattyinglishms.hubpages.com 0.19%
      bima-purnawan1.hubpages.com 0.18%
      maryeaudet.hubpages.com 0.18%
      researchanalyst.hubpages.com 0.17%

Well done, girl - keep it up smile

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How did you manage to get this information?

1. IzzyM profile image88

Look at the main page then click on Traffic, then Reach. There is a huge list of individual hubber's subdomains there.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
            PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see you on the high achievers list too, Izzy!  Though slightly further down than melbel.  ;-)

1. IzzyM profile image88

Maybe last week I might have deserved being on it, I don't know, though to be honest my views are not that great compared to some.

This week, however, in the past 48 hours I have lost two thirds of my traffic. It was stable for a while and now it is sliding further, and I have no idea why.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
                PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I read one article that speculated that Google had targeted specific keywords for special treatment.  Google have denied a new panda this time, as you no doubt know.  I am but a small fry in HubPages, but my traffic dipped dramatically and then quickly recovered.  The same was true for some of my non-HP sites too.  Sorry to hear about some people suffering dramatic losses!

1. IzzyM profile image88

Thanks Paul but it is Panda 2.4 and obviously my hubs or style or writing doesn't suit them sad

They seem to like me on my own sites. Just need to concentrate my efforts there instead of here.

1. brandonhart100 profile image76
                    brandonhart100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM I have had similar results with my own sites... now if it were easy to move stuff from here to those... unfortunately most of what I have here was made for here.

2. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Much appreciated for the info Izzy!

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
            Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  Melbel is doing better than blog.hubpages!   Way to go!

2. brandonhart100 profile image76
      brandonhart100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious melbel, were you part of the original Beta Hubber subdomain switch?

33. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Well, I've put my HP profile link into my Google Profile, so I'll see if it makes a difference!

1. Glenn Stok profile image96

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. But no traffic coming from my Google Profile.

34. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 12 years ago

In case any of you have missed the other thread:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/80742

35. thejeffriestube profile image60
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

Same here, but I'm going to keep writing hubs about stuff I like. So I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. :-)

36. BaliMermaid profile image57
    BaliMermaidposted 12 years ago

I certainly could be mistaken but this is my 4th August and every one of them have been like this. Some days up and other days in the pits. 

I am betting that as soon as we get through Labor Day in the USA things will be back to normal and increasing until just before Christmas.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This.

37. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I haven't been hit by this guys, My traffic went up straight after the switch and its remained high, especially for my top hubs.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thats just cuz yer special wink

1. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I only switched at the beginning of this month and I immediately added backlinks to support the changed. I need to do some now.

I don't think I'm special, I'm hoping rather that I've been blessed wink

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just  teasin ya (you know that)

Good for you smile

38. Happy Human profile image57
    Happy Humanposted 12 years ago

My traffic is still down by at least 80% in the last 2 days. Went from approximately 600 views a day to 80 and blue arrows all over the place!

Does anyone know what is going on exactly yet or if chances are it will come back?

1. bgamall profile image68

Pandamonium. Pandaattack. Pandascrewed. Pandadestroyed. Pandaganda. Pandagored. Pandareamed. Pandakilled.

I hope you get the picture.

Even though the numbers say rising, if you look at the alexa stat chart, we are getting killed after a surge if you look at the 3 month chart:
      http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/http%3A%2 … c%2F80606#

I wonder if they put Hubpages in search and then these vigilantes come along on their chrome and vote us down. Something REALLY BAD is happening.

1. bgamall profile image68

Also if hubpages.com has 75 percent of the traffic, that means the subdomains have only 25 percent of all hubpages traffic. That won't work.

39. homesteadbound profile image82
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

I too had blue areas all over the place yesterday.

40. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Still haven't really been hit by this

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3605/hptraf.jpg

few hubs fluctuating but think that's normal.

41. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Still feels like Im earning peanuts whichever way I look at it.

42. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Traffic on my hubs feels a lot like watching the stock market...up and down..it can become very upsetting and then exilarating..and back to upsetting..
    yikes

43. iQwest profile image49
    iQwestposted 12 years ago

My traffic had been trending slightly upwards until this past Monday, 8/8/2011.  Since then, my traffic has fallen by nearly half.

1. Debbie Cook profile image76
      Debbie Cookposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine too

1. Debbie Cook profile image76
        Debbie Cookposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A few days after my hubs were moved to the new domain I started seeing good improvement in all areas. About a week or so ago as I logged into my account I had a message in red saying something like "you need to approve to move you hubs to the new domain".

I thought that was odd since my hubs had already been moved to my new domain - but I clicked on it anyway.

Since then my traffic has fallen, my hubscore has fallen, my hubber score has fallen, my adsense is nearly non-existant, my ebay is nearly non-existant, my amazon is down and my hubpage ads are down.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

Something had definitely changed because I have also had a nice gradual increase in traffic since going to my own subdomain and then suddenly this past week I had a clearly defined drop off. I had a severe drop off with my business site this past week as well.  So it's obvious that something is going on. It's not clear if Panda 2.4 has been released yet. There are conflicting posts in SEO forums. Officially Google says it was released for other languages. Do a Google search on "Panda 2.4" for the latest.

44. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

I hope things will go back to normal.. it cant get worse than this for me smile

45. codehub profile image58
    codehubposted 12 years ago

Man, it must be great to see 1000 uv's per day as normal, I guess me needs to kiss a few more frogs

46. HRoger profile image60
    HRogerposted 12 years ago

Guys, I just want to point it out that just because you have a few low quality hubs it doesn't mean that Google will slap you because of that. Each hub under your subdomain will quiet sustain it self if you well work at it creating backlinks, optimizing to a pleasing level and really making sure that it's at least 400 words.

All pages are treated individually by Google, so if you have a hub that was really popular and now is dead (my case also) then get the primary keywords, build some links, optimize this
    hub(s) and watch the effects. You should only see positive effects other than negative. Just like we are averaging a 50/50 on people that have been affected and others that haven't been affected at all, I assume it's all up to us to get that traffic back to our hubs.

I can say this with the fact that I have a few websites and the ones I have been focusing well and building links for them haven't been affected at all and are still holding it's rankings. I guess we just forget that in order to continue seen success on our hubs we must continue to work at them. We can't just sit around and expect traffic to last forever.  We must constantly work to improve our rankings to instead of seen the traffic fall we can celebrate our traffic rising.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you are missing the point that something other than the usual is going on when hubbers go from lots of traffic to almost none, for all hubs on that account, overnight.

No, Google does not treat every page as a separate deal.  Sometimes they sandbox entire domains or subdomains, which is what is happening to some of us--for unknown reasons.

And this includes some previously very high traffic, expert users with 100s of hubs, who have been doing this for a while. So spare us the usual SEO advice. That is not the issue here.

1. HRoger profile image60
        HRogerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I bet you are the type of Hubber that just sits around waiting for your Hub views to magically go up. Well in this case perhaps you should stop looking at what you consider to be expert users just because they have hundreds of hubs (lol) and stop waiting for any kind of SEO advice and do something about your traffic problems.

As per your saying :

"Sometimes they sandbox entire domains or subdomains, which is what is happening to some of us--for unknown reasons"

This is totally not the case here because Hubpages has not been sandboxed and we switched to subdomains too recently to start saying that any traffic problem we have is because our subdomains have being sandboxed (lame excuse) just so  many can sit around for another 12 months waiting for the red arrows to appear next to their hubs.  I have over 10 websites and constantly work around them to improve their rankings. Hubpages to me is a phenomenal way to discover new niches and apply them to my websites and while doing it so I still make some money.  My traffic was down but its starting to pick it up again little by little as I work my existing hubs, the competition continues and like I said before, many of us just sit around doing nothing hoping that all our hubs and websites will maintain its rankings constantly with no efforts at all.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe that's true, Google seems to look at entire websites when deciding whether to sandbox.

47. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Since this thread is a "traffic dropped" one, I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning here; but I had a few days of substantial and consistent decline when other people also seemed to be.  It's back up to (and higher) than where it had been in the post-subdomain weeks (before the few-days long "Big Dip" that went on most recently).  Tomorrow may be another story, but for now - two/three days of being where it had been.  Maybe others have seen a turnaround again too...  hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)