Three Ideas

1. lgyre profile image60
    lgyreposted 8 years ago

I don't know if these have been mentioned before, but I have four ideas for helpful features:

1. Allow links in the photo caption field, which would make it much easier to properly attribute photos.  Also, having a caption field with or without links would also be great for the video modules for the same reason.

2. Organize content on the site more.  On the front page you can choose from several main topics, but I think it would be really wonderful if you could choose a main topic, then a sub-topic, and so on until you find articles on a very specific subject.  I think this would really encourage people with a variety of interests to visit the site to browse, rather than only people who like whatever is hot or randomly comes up on the front pages.  I realize that tags kind of do this, so maybe just a way to view tags organized in a more hierarchical way would be handy.

3. Allow articles to belong to more than one group.  This is just kind of a whim, but it would be nice.

4. Is there every any reporting of writer earning statistics?  I realize you may not be able to give out so much information that people could be identified, but it would be nice to get a realistic idea of various earning statistics and especially how they might relate to things like number of hubs, length of membership, and so on.

I know this would all be tons of work, but thanks for considering!

2. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I totally second ideas #1 and #2
    #3 - tags really fulfil the purpose - but it would nt hurt
    #4 - is problematical - u have to protect people's privacy but more importantly earnings have little to do with people's number of hubs or length at hubpages - its a lot more to do with their niches(key words) and ability to promote their hubs: and you'd make people very angry if their niches were exposed - HP wouldn't do that for that reason.

Really think 1&2 are worth doing though -

3. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

I've asked for 1 and 3 before, and would still like to see them.