Explain the difference between Adsense/Hubpages ads/amazon etc..

1. Neerizzle profile image85
    Neerizzleposted 5 years ago

Okay so I always see people saying they get more revenue from either hubpages, or google, etc... So I have a few questions:

1) Is there a way to have ONLY google ads, or ONLY hubpages ads on your hubs? And by doing so, how does it benefit you? If a page has both google and hubpages ads, wouldn't you get impressions from both? Whereas if it only has one, you only get it for the one?

2) By affiliating with amazon or ebay, does it replace the hubpages or google ads? Basically what I'm asking is, by adding the ebay and amazon thing does it decrease revenue earned by the others? And if so, in what case is it smart to have amazon/ebay ads? Is it possible to select which kind of ads you want for which hub?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can only run Hubads if you have a Google Adsense account. So when Hubads is running, so is Adsense but Adsense has reduced ads.

You can run Adsense on its own, so all ads on the page will be Adsense.

Everyone has a different experience because we all write about different topics, so you need to experiment with both or just one to see what pays you best overall.

Amazon or ebay affiliate ads on your page has no bearing on your ad stategy at all. They will be there too.

I personally think it is a waste of space putting Amazon ads (I don't know about ebay, I don't have an account) on an information hub, unless you can find products that directly enhance and relate to your hub.

The best sales technique for using Amazon or ebay seems to be by writing product review or targeted sales hubs.

You can choose what Amazon or ebay ads you wish to display.

Hope this helps smile

2. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I had an eBay account way in the beginning, but something about eBay bugs me; so I'd just put "whatever" ads on there and not bother with it.
    After awhile, they booted me for lack of activity.   lol  (I was kind of glad.  lol )