jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is It Panda Sorta After All?

1. Fiction Teller profile image59
    Fiction Tellerposted 5 years ago

Hmm, there is, Google's announced, a current Panda going on, but in other languages, not English.

However, as noted in the thread on Webmasterworld, Search Engine Land has reported there were some minor changes to the English Panda, too.

The question is, when did it roll out, and is that what affected some hubbers' traffic in a major way recently?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Somebody said on that forum thread you linked that it happed on the 10th which would be about right from my own experience.

"Happened at 8pm on the 10th actually. Saw a HUGE and very clear drop in traffic across the tens of thousands of sites that send our affiliate network traffic. Went from 1.5 million requests per hour to about 600K and never recovered."

Oh and I did notice that all my international Google traffic is down to single figures except for Google.com.ph and co.in which have remained stable.

That is why I thought they couldn't have rolled out to the non-English speaking countries, but I see they made exceptions.

My Google.co.uk traffic has dropped but nowhere near as much as my Google.com traffic which has seen a massive drop from over 1000 a day to 150.

Here we go again sad

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

My traffic for the last two days and daily earnings are about 1/8th the usual amount.

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Mark Ewbie's blog is on page 2 of the search term "Panda 2.4" (without quotes) smile