jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Alexa Ranking

1. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

What does it mean when we see an Alexa ranking on our hubs since one of my hubs has an Alexa ranking of 343?

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Where do you see it on your Hub?  I thought it was for the domain as a whole.

2. getpaidtopost profile image59
      getpaidtopostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

alexa only ranks the main domain and not individual pages. hope this helps

2. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Ah my fault! sorry I thought it was something to do with the HP domain but I rushed in with a thread! I was thinking Hubpages was higher up than 343, since the Quantcast ranking is 111

And maybe even higher than that in Quantcast.  I checked a couple of times today, and the ranking I saw was 107.  It seems to me that in Quantcast HP is moving up at least one ranking number every few days.  It's nice that there's some good news!

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

It is also moving up in alexa, albeit slowly. smile

I hope you're right, Earnest!  I got into a "discussion" about that earlier today.

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1741150 

through the end of that same page of posts:

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1741223

According to Uzdawi, there was a precipitous drop on Alexa recently.  When I looked at the graph on Alexa, I could see what he was talking about.  But on Quantcast, we moved up three positions, today alone.  I think it depends on what period of time you look at on Alexa, as to whether we're lookng better or not.  Over the long haul, yes - better.  Over a few days, ????

1. profile image60
        loverman1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i m new in this hubpages plz helf any 1 tanx i need gud frnds 4ever!

4. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I have watched it all the way down to 345 on alexa, and this is the first time I have seen it turn around. It has stopped falling at least.
    It dropped quickly for a while and has got slower then turned  up according to my desktop alexa tool.

working