jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Chillingeffects.org lists DMCA actions

1. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

This URL and info appears at the bottom of a webpage where one of my plagiarized articles appeared. This is a notice of the  removal of an article on the page and how to get to the DMCA list of actions taken by date on DMCAs.The  list is being compiled by a group of lawyers as a special project for Google.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google's Blogger uses chillingeffects.org to launch their DMCAs and stuff. I know, I just filed a complaint with them because a blogger has stolen a lot of Hubpages articles, my own included, and the form said the complaint will be sent to chillingeffects.org to file a DMCA.

1. brakel2 profile image86
        brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I saw your info on stolen stuff on my Iphone. I will check to see if any of mine are there. Thanks so much for posting the info. I guess Google is really trying.

2. brakel2 profile image86
        brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The article on water belongs to a hubber.

2. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I searched for 'Richieb799' on that blog but couldn't see my stuff..its a nuisance we have to watch our backs like that.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You know - HUBPAGES loses money on this stuff too - and to me it seems like they should take the initiative to protect us ALL - as they stand to loose a huge sum of money from plagiarism as do we - but HP, the company has the POWER to do something about it, I would think - for them, and all of us.

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Does the site list evryone on Google, or specifically the work of Americans as I think these are americans doing this work  Chillingeffects.org. Would the site work for me as I'm Canadian?

4. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 5 years ago via iphone

I believe it is all the Dmcas filed with Google

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks! I'll check them out

working