jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Trying to figure it all out...

1. DebSimmons profile image59
    DebSimmonsposted 5 years ago

I am new to writing blogs and to this site. I am finding the navigation fairly easy but still trying to figure out how best to manage what I am doing and do this correctly. I have noticed that each hub seems to be a stand alone article... do we create a new hub for each blog we write?? Anyone who has advice and guidance for me would be much appreciated. :-)

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

For starters this is not a blogging site. Hubs are supposed to be stand alone articles and they are not supposed to be personal.

You can write hubs from a personal point of view but should offer something to people who don't know you.

DebSimmonsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah.. sorry. Still trying to get all the terminology right too. :-) I am going to be writing a series of hubs about gems, jewelry and metals from the scientific point of view for educational purposes. I am a GIA trained AJP and also more than half way through my GG. I am hoping to help the general public to understand gemology and the jewelry business so they they can go into buying from an informed place and not get taken advantage of. :-)

3. DebSimmons profile image59
    DebSimmonsposted 5 years ago

I have also seen some hubs with photos down the right side of the hub text... how do I do that??

1. damek profile image60
      damekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need to add at least 5 photos to have link to slideshow.

DebSimmonsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah.. ok. That makes sense. I will try that on my next hub. Thanks for the info! :-)

4. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Hi Deb - photos are reasonably easy to add either use your own or one that you have the right to use. Add the photos - there is a capsule for photos as well as a text capsule. You can then move the capsules about by the navigation arrows up/down left/right.

You will find the learning centre link at the bottom of the page has useful advice and also worth a look is the FAQ - helpfully called here the help button at the top of the page.

When you are positioning your photo capsules - try to look at the preview view as this will show you where the ads are going to go as this affects your layouts.

Also the layout of hubs is to be changed soon so you may want to look at the forum post about that too.

Sorry - long post hope it explains things OK.