to many choices, not enough knowledge

1. KiaKitori profile image80
    KiaKitoriposted 5 years ago

I promissed my husband that I'll set up a website for him. He is a kitchen designer. The website will have lots of photos, ideal in a slideshow. Maybe a map to show directions. Also it should be available on mobil devices like smartphones or tablets.
    I've been looking around the web for a host but I'm a little lost.
    Any advice would be very appreciated.

2. FKINGLAG profile image59
    FKINGLAGposted 5 years ago

Hi Kia,

Now there are many ways that you can go on approaching all of this.
    I am assuming that you and your husband don't want to start up your own web server at home, so the both of your are looking towards basically something else to host your website.

A good place that I would start at is looking at the free web hosting services that are offered. Which may also offer a premium service as well.
    Wikipedia: … g_services

Some premium web hosting services that I know off the top of my head are 1&1 Hosting and Go-Daddy.

Another idea for you is that you could go with a shared web hosting service ( The idea behind this is that it could less-expensive in contrast of other forms of web-hosting/server renting. Except, the other websites that share the same server as yours may impact the page-loading performance of your website.

For further reading on web hosting services:

As for when you want to actually put all the content of your website together, you may want to look for an easy to use service provided by your host. Unless you plan on learning to use such programs that do this. wink

Hope that I have been of some help to you, good luck.

3. KiaKitori profile image80
    KiaKitoriposted 5 years ago

FKINGLAG, i thank you for response. That's a good start.
    I thought Go Daddy is a shared web hosting too. I do not mind paying a resonable monthly fee. The thing is that when I go to their websites to look for features and plans, I kinda get lost because they use a terminology I don't understand.