jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Email notification of hub comments not working

1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Well, it is working, but only for some hubs and not others. is there an individual setting somewhere I've missed?
    I'm getting notifications of 3 or 4 hub comments a day so thought all was well.
    Then I discover over 50 new comments on one hub over the last 7 days that I wasn't notified of.
    How many others have I missed?
    Help!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I've noticed that a few have not come through email notification, but the numbers do appear next to "comments" by the profile picture on the home page.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do they?

Oh well never noticed, plus I know they also appear on stats, but with this many hubs I depend totally on the email notification system.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes. You have a lot more comments, but I would like to see it come back, too.

3. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 5 years ago

In your settings there is under Notify me  "When a hub that I am following gets a comment" and gives you the usual choices of instant email, etc. This means hubs you wrote (which you automatically follow) or hubs you comment on which you can select to follow or unfollow at the top of the comments in each one.

I ask for notification of comments in the daily "digest" which means a lot less mail.  The settings have changed some so good idea to check and see if you want to reorganize things.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Would that be under profile > email settings? That is set to notify me. I never changed anything so I'm assuming this a bug.

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

my account - profile - email settings - notify me

but I have mine set to daily digest for hub comments - (these are both for hubs I've written and ones I've commented on and follow.  You follow your own hubs and others that you comment on automatically unless you unfollow them)

1. IzzyM profile image87

Thanks smile

It's still broken, but at least I know now that it is broken and not just me smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
            Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are flexible, Izzy-- hard to break.

1. IzzyM profile image87

big_smile

4. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

I have had this annoying problem too and so have missed out on approving comments for several days only to log in and find a pile waiting!

5. Just Ask Susan profile image87
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

If you find that the notifications are not arriving in your email account you can do the following:
    When you go to the home button on the right hand side of the page you should be able to see that you have hub comments and can click on the comment section to see exactly which hubs have the comments.

working