jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What changes did you think made a difference in your income here?

1. Ddraigcoch profile image81
    Ddraigcochposted 5 years ago

Was it an increase in activity in writing, in socializing, in more back linking or was it a change in subject matter?
    As much as I would love to write for my pure enjoyment I would also like so many be happier if I could earn enough to keep me at home and earning a bit of pocket money.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For me it was just a gradual process of learning about how to make money online. 

If you're really serious about making money online, my best advice is to sign up for a free trial of Market Samurai and spend a solid couple of weeks just watching the videos and learning.

If you're not that money-focussed and you're aiming for a combination of writing for enjoyment and making a bit of cash, then you might find my Hub about How to Optimize your Hubs useful - there's a link on my profile.

2. David 470 profile image84
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Definitely subject matter. I wrote some obscure hubs, or hubs that I did not do research on. They dud not do well at all.

Subject matter is one of the most important aspects. Find a niche that works for you and gets good traffic. And consistent traffic.

1. janderson99 profile image87
      janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its Back Links, Back Links, Back Links, Back Links
      To get traffic your hubs need a good ranking ( 3 or 4  on HP is possible with back links ). Run checks on the number of backlinks for your pages and other pages on HP (Paul as very few). It takes a couple of weeks before the backlinks are registered and even longer to get PR.
      Niche Keyword Research is great but if you cannot get a PR of 2-4 you will not get traffic except for a very rare topics. If you have other websites - simply put backlinks on those even if they are off-topic, something is better than nothing.
      This backlink checker seems to be reliable. http://www.analyzebacklinks.com/
      PS - Most authors on HP have few if any backlinks!!!! Have a look!!!
      PSS - Organic Backlinks are great, but build some to get you started. It will take months or years for people to recognise how wonderful your articles are and to link to your pages organically.
      PSSS- Social networks help you get indexed faster but the links are not permanent nor sustained - untess you ping, ping ping.
      Its Back Links, Back Links, Back Links, Back Links