Keyword finder

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (29 posts)
  1. anime_nanet profile image58
    anime_nanetposted 15 years ago

Hi people!

Is there a nice software out there that helps me to find nice keywords to use in my hubs?

Not only that, I have some hubs that I think have bad keywords. Is there a program that can show me the keywords most cliked regarding a particular word or theme?

1. softtalk profile image59
      softtalkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There is a tool called Orwell I use it to find out the relevant keywords for my articles, and to adjust the keywords density of the articles. Though It will not help you fully, but it is worth trying.

2. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Its called - wait for it - its called - A SEARCH ENGINE.

Oh my gooodness how - you might ask.

Well if your thinking of a topic put the topic (or your keyword) into a search engine.

Then - here comes the tricky part - look for the first entry that has /tag/ in it.

That means the best tag for your searched for keyword will be your first keyword, follow this through the pages until you have found several /tag/ and you will then have your keywords for that topic.

Easy when you think about it as it is keyword specific, don't you think.

Another slight trick that works everytime. That's why /tag/ is indexed.

1. sukkran profile image61
        sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

great information. thks.

2. ngureco profile image79
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago
    1. Trsmd profile image58
      Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Very good thanks..

2. sukkran profile image61

thnks for this vluable info.

3. Rudra profile image68
    Rudraposted 15 years ago

seobook keyword tool

4. ngureco profile image79

Did you know that SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool is a tool using Wordtracker's API?

5. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

I would suggest Article Jockey, it works well for specific keywords.

6. PLM profile image59
    PLMposted 15 years ago

I use googles tool simply because it's free and the source is straight from google themselves with more accurate and updated information then most other KW research tools

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

I have paid for and use a tool called Adwords Analyzer and have found that with googles free tool I really didn't need adwords analyzer, but I broke down and got it for my tool box simply because I like the power of it and the information I can pull out from it.  I haven't needed anything else to be honest.  Nothing I've seen has KW data as updated or fresh as googles own.

I've used a few other tools for this purpose and found the information I got for my own researching niches was simply outdated and while not useless.. I was miffed because the data was incorrect.

Example is you may be searching a niche in the weight loss industry and start marketing for long tail keyword "How to lose weight before my wedding" ...the information of search index for the month might be old data coming from several months ago.  The reason is this can be a seasonal niche where summer and spring time the key word research is showing higher search numbers then in winter and fall months.  That to me is not data I want.  If I'm doing my research for now, I want something hot now... not something hot from 6 months ago.  Savvy?

I want the fresh and most current data from last month or even currently what the index searches are for this week in fact.  Ok now that I've rambled on like a mad man again I will leave you with my buck fifty on keyword here.  Hope you find good use from it and again I will stress this fact..  Google's free tool is all anyone will ever need in my personal opinion.

Ciao,
    Priest McLane

7. ngureco profile image79

That’s right. Google Keyword Tool Is very good for Google search engine.

8. Rudra profile image68
    Rudraposted 15 years ago

A word of caution; some tools report back the searches to the owner.

9. profile image52
    Aradhana08posted 15 years ago

You can use any of the tool google adwords, wordtarcker. Both are the best for finding relevant keywords. for more help you can use google insight . goolge insight helps you to find out that which keyword will become more popular in future.

10. laflat7 profile image39
    laflat7posted 15 years ago

i vote for Google Adwords too, because it is _free_of_charge_ And you can import data to .csv file. It is pretty good for beginners.

11. broalexdotinfo profile image55
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Marketers use more advanced keyword trackers such as Keyword County, but Adwords Tool is a good one as well.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

County is top. Google insight is very good for advanced users.

12. anime_nanet profile image58
    anime_nanetposted 15 years ago

I started using all the tools you pointed here! Thanks a lot for your help!

HubLove to you!

13. shuey 03 profile image54
    shuey 03posted 15 years ago

The Google keyword tool is amazing! It supplies you with so much data there is no way you can select the wrong keywords.

Good luck!!!

14. rmshdc profile image58
    rmshdcposted 15 years ago

Google Keyword Tool is nice tool.  My vote for it.

15. Jery profile image61
    Jeryposted 15 years ago

I, too use Google's tool also. Google's first page is where I want to be, so get the info straight from goog. My two cents.

16. xtraTiny profile image61
    xtraTinyposted 15 years ago

Thanks all........the above links really helpful. It helps me much.

17. pariprashneno profile image59
    pariprashnenoposted 15 years ago

My favorite is Google Keyword tool.

But everything is not everything and everytime. Sometimes Google Keyword tool also cannot serve the purposes. So you need a change.

It is rather better to select your keyword tool according to the objective you want to achieve. Like what's hot now? What's the most profitable secondary keyword?

My tips from my own experiences is just jot down what you want to achieve and then take the help from google search - just play with the rest you will get what you want.

But I am not ready to accept anything as the final word.

18. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

What about SpyFu has anyone tried them?

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi RA, spyfu is brilliant for getting the cpc on a keyword. Underneath they also have related keywords, from memory bottom right corner.

Spyfu is good to target a paying keyword, if the keyword does not pay then Spyfu returns no result nd thats a keyword not to focus on.

19. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 15 years ago

I have to go with the Google Keyword Tool as well.
    The second runner up for me at least is the SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool.
    And both are free.

1. sukkran profile image61

pl let me know how can i get there tools?

20. Marlene F. profile image67
    Marlene F.posted 15 years ago

Thank you everyone for the great information.  New to Hubpages and never really understood keywording too well.

21. profile image58
    diva to beposted 15 years ago

Good advise about the adword and search engine. Going to try them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)