jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

5 years :-) & hit 100k increments ?

1. Drax profile image76
    Draxposted 5 years ago

Hi Folks
    I rejoice in the highly successful 5 years for Hubpages and in looking at my accolades see my time here still set at 4 years although I posted my first hub on 8/15/06...(9 days after launch), however in my profile window it does say joined 5 years ago... perhaps this will correct itself midnight California.... always the best time  :-)

In the same vein I have 467,280 page views as of right now and it is a pity not to attribute accolades for hits in 100k increments...

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kudos to you, Drax.  A few weeks ago I thought I would make the 500,000 mark shortly, but then my traffic drastically fell overnight to fraction of what it was.  I agree, the accolades are too far apart after one reaches the 100,000 mark.  It must be really expensive to make those little things.  smile

1. Drax profile image76
        Draxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@Randy... thanks...  :-)  I see that dip in traffic too, must be to do with the new search algorithm and the 2nd level domains... it may bounce back.. !!

2. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Congratulations on your 5 years with HP.  I have years to catch up with you!

Great Hubs - poetry is a lost art.

I read that every holiday Jackie Kennedy made her children memorize a new poem.  I wish more families had a neat tradition such as this.

I am rambling - sorry.

You are right - accolades in the 100k increments are needed.  Would love to seek a list or a graph or the longevity of our members.

1. Drax profile image76

@GmaGoldie.. thanks for the congrats, does not seem long.. !!  an Irish poet, Paula Meehan said that poetry is the last refuge of the bewildered... :-)

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

congrats..You are a member of a distinguished group of pioneers that started when Hubpages was an just an idea..
    You should start a 5 year group.."The Originals"

1. Drax profile image76

@Stacie L... thanks also for the congrats... jesus I feel old now to be described as  distinguished... lol... yes, great idea...  it would be very interesting to see a list of those who joined in the first month to see where they are now... I know I would love to have the time to write more but the economic position slips year on year where one has to run faster just to stay in the same place...