On average how many hits do you get on your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (55 posts)
  1. sasta10 profile image62
    sasta10posted 12 years ago

On average how many total hits do you get on your hubs per day?  At the moment I have 48 active hubs and I get about 60 hits, Is this good.  Thanks.

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi sasta10! That is about the percentage per hub I get. I do not know if this is normal, or not. I did see a real active hubber say recently that she sees 1-2 hits per hub per day. Hope you get some more responses to your question.

2. Neerizzle profile image71
      Neerizzleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

60 per hub or in total? I'm assuming per hub, if so, that's really amazing! I'm still kinda but when one of my hubs gets like 20 view I get excited lol

sasta10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your input on this thread

3. JLPeterson profile image92
      JLPetersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the pageviews for HubPages are very low compared to my other writing sites.  In Suite101 I have 81 articles and got just under 1000 pageviews for the week. Suite 101 pays for clicks like HP so my chances of earning revenue there is better than HP.  For Associated Content, I have 263 articles and the pageviews have dropped to somewhere between 450 to 650 per day, whereby I used to get 1000 to 2000 PVs before the Google reclassification.  Just seems like paltry numbers all the way around for so much work.

1. JLPeterson profile image92

PS...on HP I am getting about 42 hits on 17 articles a day.

1. stunnercold profile image77
          stunnercoldposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think its still below what I would expect from 17 articles, assuming they're all unique content. Secondly, by 42 hits, do you mean impressions (hp ad program) or pageviews from statistics?

No I mean 42 pageviews...pretty disappointing stats.

1. Cardisa profile image89
              Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I understand clearly, she did say average hit, which means total hits.

I have 96 hubs and it fluctuates on a daily basis. Some days it 200+ othere days a little less or more but 200+ is the average.

For my comment above, I meant that I get 42 pageviews, not clicked ads...just clarifying, because my ad "Hits" are almost non-existant for some reason.

4. stunnercold profile image77

what do you mean by hits, do you mean impressions in the hubpages ad program or the pageviews ?

5. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you look at all of the replies and then look at the individual author's profiles you'll see that the older your hub is, the more traffic it will get. The answer is to be patient and keep getting links to your hubs.

It is important to try for unique keywords and  content too.

Thank you Barbara Kay  for your input on this thread

6. Gaizy profile image72
      Gaizyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have 44 Hubs and would kill to get an average of 60 hits a day. Most days I'm lucky to get into double figures.

And isn't this fact pretty dissappointing?  Doesn't seem like articles on HP are reaching cyberspace very efficiently! (Even using SEO principles!)

2. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 12 years ago

Completely depends if the hub gets linked to active websites.  I have a few hubs with 2500-3500 hits because they were linked.  Others in the 200-300 hits area.  Those not linked usually get around 75-150 hits.  My average for 31 hubs is around 400 but mainly because of the few very high numbers.  Currently, my daily average is probably around 40-50.  I guess it's time for some new material.

Wow! That's awesome activity.  How much money did that translate to?  After all at HP, pageviews don't matter anyway,..they just drive up the opportunity for add clicks. sad

3. Victoria Lynn profile image87
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

Husky--what do you mean by hub that are linked? Linked to what?Thanks for any info you can give....

1. profile image0
      Husky1970posted 12 years agoin reply to this

A few of my Duke Basketball hubs were made links on 2 very popular Duke Basketball Fan websites, resulting in an abundance of traffic.

4. Victoria Lynn profile image87

"hubs," that is!

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

There are FAR TOO MANY factors involved to ever say how many page views are good for a published hub on a certain topic.

Keywords are HUGE factors, as is the on page SEO, and the back linking involved.

6. Victoria Lynn profile image87

I only have 13 hubs. Got only 30 hits yesterday. It fluctuates. I don't know what is good....

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One of my hubs gets between 100-200 a day and the rest only get about 2 page views a day. You just need to hit it lucky and come up with the right keywords. Linking is important too.

7. Victoria Lynn profile image87

So is Suite 101 a better site on which to write?

Well, at least you'll earn something there if you write consistently.  You have to provide a writing sample and be accepted, but it is a good writing site....I don't like the publishing system as well as HubPages, but I'd rather make a little cash with their less exciting system! smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I make a lot more money here than on Suite 101. I do only have 23 articles there. I earn about 1 cent a day if I'm lucky.

As for Hubpages, I get around 700 views a day for all my hubs.

Really? How are you making money here? I make more on my google ads on my blog than HP...seriously, when I review the Google analytics some of my articles haven't had an impression that pays in months. I've made a few cents on some of my articles that I have worked hard on SEO etc.  It doesn't make sense to me.  I would really like to figure out how to make money here. I love the system and fellow writers sad

2. stunnercold profile image77

From what I've read on many other forums, suite101 pays in peanuts. The revenue shared is pretty low and they won't even disclose the share ratio. At least i know its 60% on hubpages.

8. KwelX profile image60
    KwelXposted 12 years ago

Currently, I have 33 hubs and get around 30ish hits per day. So about 1 hit per hub per day.

9. JackTurner profile image59
    JackTurnerposted 12 years ago

Coming in around 1 hit per hub per day (or a little less) on average.  This is with only really publishing a few basic RSS backlinks so no promotion in general.

This averages out to approx. 1 adsense hit every few days....not going to get rich off that, but it's only a couple of hubs so far!

10. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Ah well, here goes.

I have 169 hubs.  If I get 20 google.com hits that is a good day.

That's about 1 hit per day per 8 hubs.  Although to be honest only about three of them see any regular trafrfic.

Of those three...
    1 is a sales hub which never sells anything
    1 is a spoof which is only searched for by internet perverts - they aren't looking for my quirky humor that's for sure
    1 is another joke hub which is again searched for by people who are anything but joking.

Am I downhearted?

Well yeah, but then I only have myself to blame.  It's not Panda, it's a simple matter of writing stuff that people might actually search for.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh Mark, here's a BIG HUG.  smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol! Thanks!! That's much better.

2. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mark Ewbie, have you put your hubs in groups (to lead your readers from one hub to others that they might like)?

Also, listen to the newest podcast on the HP blog, if you haven't yet done so.  Simone and Jason converse about the art of leaving comments on articles anywhere on the internet, and the way that can garner traffic and readership.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion - I already use Groups to about the best effect I can.  I think.  The problem is simply that I am not writing about stuff that is searched for.  My 'keywords' and I use the term loosely rank fairly highly - I'm not an idiot(much), but people just don't look for that sort of thing.

I have tried Adwords on a number of occasions but I just lose interest in it.

I am that sad and pointless thing - an ego writer. On the plus side... I love it.

edit:  Yes.  Social networking, interaction.  I do a bit.  Not enough.  But again - if people come to see the clown they are not coming to buy anything.

11. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

I've personally averaged around 100  views a day for around the last month. Around half of which is from sources other than hubpages which is pleasing although generally I only find 50% of my hubs have been viewed in a 24 hr period

I've not published a lot in that period and many of my hubs seem to have passed the initial hubpages spike in volume.

Ideally I'd love to hit Cardissa's average of 200 ish views a day and more.

I definitely have a lot more backlinking and SEO to do as have only really just started backlinking apart from posting some hubs on shetoldme before it became a paying site. Shetoldme only bought in around 25 views in total.

12. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

>25 <20 per hub per day.
    The truth is, there are hubs with >25 <20 per month and there are hubs with >25000 <20000 per month on this acccount of mine. smile

Best Regards

1. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm confused by your use of ">" and "<." I may be misreading your intent, but it seems to me that it is the reverse of what I would have expected.

Are you saying that your hubs receive something in the range of 20-25 per hub per day?  Or are you saying (as it first seemed to me) that some receive more than 25 and some receive less than 20 per hub per day?

13. sasta10 profile image62
    sasta10posted 12 years ago

sorry guys for the late reply, was away from my computer for 1 day.  Thanks to all for their kind response to my question, got some great advice, will work on it.  Thanks.

14. PSKeville profile image61
    PSKevilleposted 12 years ago

I am wondering, out of all the Hub "hits", how many of those hits are actually us hub writers and not the general population? Each time a hub gets posted, I read the article, trying to get a sense of what people are writing about and their writing style.

I have yet to publish a hub but am working on one.
    Also, how is it that people get paid? Is it from clicking on the article link? Reading the article or from ads that surround your hub?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You get paid by Adsense, Amazon and Ebay. Also the HP Ads program but you need a working Adsense to qualify. You get paid when people click on your ads or when you sell something on Amazon and Ebay.

You can tell from each hub where the traffic comes from. Most of mine is from Google.

1. PSKeville profile image61
        PSKevilleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Uninvited Writer for the info. Today is my first day and I'm just now reading the HELP/INFO pages & links. I appreciate the info.
        I have spent most of the morning reading others submissions. Some are quite interesting and nicely written. Others I noticed don't use Spell Check nor proof read their info before submitting. It's a mixed bag.

15. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

my hubs get anywhere from 0 -50,averaging 2 per hub

16. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

Write about travel and nursing, which I guess you are good at. But dont try to leave your legacy on any website, 'cause websites may be gone before you may even took a few steps on your way. smile

Welcome to HubPages.

Best Regards

17. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 12 years ago

I average around 500 hits /day. But 3 hubs account for 250 hits and the other 121 hubs for the other 250!

I don't make a lot of money at it though, possibly because I don't use Ebay or Amazon and never research keywords. Life's too short! When I give up the day job that might change smile

1. janderson99 profile image55
      janderson99posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I average 1 hit per day per hub, but best hub gets 20/day.

18. DIY Backlinks profile image59
    DIY Backlinksposted 12 years ago

I average between 60-200 per day, it just depends on many factors.

Hi, thanks for your response.  I think I need to promote my hubs more, all I have been doing is writing hubs.  I have read few articles about hub promotion and it has some great advise, will start working on it.  Thanks

19. maxravi profile image44
    maxraviposted 12 years ago

Well I had 17 hubs and getting around 70 views/day.

20. JLPeterson profile image92
    JLPetersonposted 12 years ago

In reading responses...I am confused about the word "Hit".  Are you using hit as a pageview, or an ad click whereby you earn  money?  I am getting pageviews, but not many ad clicks.  One of my articles is about getting rid of dogs tear stains and that article has some good ads that accompany it.  The Google reports show that this article hasn't gotten a single click yet! My "dog" articles on other sites get lots of activity, both pageviews and ad clicks.  I'm stumped. Something seems wrong to me.

21. PaulPd0 profile image65
    PaulPd0posted 12 years ago

It is a good idea to get all the hubs you have to write out there first. That way all your hubs will start to gain some authority as their age grows automatically. But yes, if your numbers are that low it means that you are only getting about a view or two per hub. This could be because you are not targeting keywords that are searched often enough, or it might be that you simply need to do some promotion for your hubs. I have yet to write any hubs on link building or website promotion yet, but you can find some info here: http://www.allcashondeck.com/2011/01/ef … ernet.html

Paul...i always keep SEO and  keywords in mind and promote on Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, etc.  I have blogs and i backlick to the articles too.  The fact is that no one seems to click on the ads even when the pageviews increase.  Wierd.

1. stunnercold profile image77

There's also the problem of many people using 'adblock' plugins with their browsers. Stupid mozilla!

2. PaulPd0 profile image65
        PaulPd0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I remember having weeks at a time with my website that I would steadily get views every day but not make a single cent. A lot of times people really just don't click..Using Google Analytics or even your AdSense account you can check your "CPM" that is an average number that they expect you to make per thousand ad impressions you get based on your past earnings..

You also might want to consider watching page impressions instead of views - that is a good way to differentiate viewers who have an adblocker as stunnercold said.

You also want to target selling topics. Articles or information that people would search for before making some sort of purchase or just signing up for a free ad. For example..Someone that searches "nice houses" would be much less likely to buy a house than someone who searched "houses for sale in Los Angeles"

probably a bad example, but you might find a big difference if you go for selling keywords more

22. Neerizzle profile image71
    Neerizzleposted 12 years ago

Traffic has gone up recently, average around 300 per day in total but 2 of my hubs really drive most of the traffic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)