jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Why do you stop following others?

1. breathing profile image80
    breathingposted 5 years ago

Following others is a reason of low hub score. Is that the only reason of you to follow others?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image89
      Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You would stop following others because of their lack of  "recent hub activities." And do follow those who have recent hub activity. For example, you might not want to follow someone that has last had hub activity of 3-4 weeks. But you would want to follow someone that has last activity in 1-7 days.

1. vocalcoach profile image93
        vocalcoachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is helpful for me. I never really thought about the activity of a hubber.

2. Mavhe Quijada profile image79
      Mavhe Quijadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I no longer find their hubs significant or when I notice that they are no longer active in participating here. I unfollow the ones with very minimal hubtivities

3. sanathara profile image60
      sanatharaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Following others has nothing to do with Hub score..Following more people or followed by more people will not increase your Hubscore. You might not find matter of your interest in the content of your follower, that might be the reason to stop following others.

1. skear profile image91
        skearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It may not affect your hub scores but it can affect your author score.  N.E. Wright followed a very large amount of people and ended up with an author score of 1.

1. Brinafr3sh profile image89
          Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@ Skear  I was doing the same thing N.E. Wright was doing by following every hub member I could find. But then I noticed something was affecting my author score. And then I realized that I've been following hubbers that were no longer active or had abandon hub accounts, or hubbers that haven't even wrote 1 hub, etc. So yes of course a light bulb went off . . . I will never follow any and everyone on hubs. I had to go back and unfollow many hubbbers. Although I hope N.E. Wright one day understand, and care why her author score is the lowest for someone that has many followers.   :-)

2. smcopywrite profile image81
          smcopywriteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

if that will net you a low author score , why do some hubbers that are following thousands have a high author score?

4. maxravi profile image11
      maxraviposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I am not writing much I do follow others, whom hub I like.
      I do not follow much otherwise.

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

The only real reason to follow someone is that you enjoy what they write.  Hubscore doesn't matter, and the number of followers following either you or the one you follow doesn't matter.

The only reason to stop following is that you no longer enjoy what they have to say.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

I am amused by this question .. because following and unfollowing seems to be a game some people play on hubpages..
    The motives are varied and different as people are..
    I have had people issuing threats or even cajoling me to follow them.. promises to read my hubs and be a faithful follower have all come to my mail box..
    I follow whom I want to and  hate this game playing ..
    I always deny the fan mails of those who say follow me and I will follow you..
    Or I have followed you now follow me..
    As juvenile as it sounds people do play these games.
    Follow with discretion so you do not have to unfollow

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I do not think following others has much effect on hub score.  In fact, I've heard staff say that following too many people that you do not read and comment can lower your author's score.

5. 0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 5 years ago

I have stopped following couple of hubbers.The reason is despite reading and commenting their works consistently they never stopped to look at my work.

6. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

“Why do you stop following others?”

When they present me with a restraining order, I usually conclude that they mean it.smile

7. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 4 years ago

This hub i wrote explains why I stopped a lot of following:  How New Hubbers Ruin Their Hubscore