jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Flagged a duplicate and is NOT a duplilcate!

1. KarlaAkins profile image61
    KarlaAkinsposted 5 years ago

The article I JUST wrote was flagged as a duplicate and it's not! So who do I talk to?

1. Hunbbel Meer profile image91
      Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If there is 'significant' part of your text that is already available on the web; you must edit your hub.

I am assuming that by 'flagged', you mean that your hub was tagged as 'needs revision' (that sort of thing). It once happened to me, I did the same and I was over it.

2. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you would like to find out more about what is considered duplicate content please visit the Learning Center:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … te-Content

If you have any questions you can contact us directly for more specific guidance

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Does it have large quotes from other sites?  The duplicate flag is quite strict - if you're copying large chunks of content from other sites, that will trigger the filter.  What you have to do in that case, is shorten the quote and direct the reader to the original to read the rest.

Just a question - do you understand the meaning of duplicate here?  It means exactly what it says, it doesn't mean plagiarised. 

Material on HubPages must be unique.  If it appears anywhere else on the internet, even if it was written by you, you can't publish it here.

Hope that helps - otherwise give us some more detail on what you were writing about and we'll see if we can work it out.

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

If the same material has been published elsewhere on the internet or parts of it, it would be still considered duplicate, even if you are the rightful author.
    You need to write articles that are absolutely unique for HP.

4. KarlaAkins profile image61
    KarlaAkinsposted 5 years ago

I did include part of it on my blog with a link to the hub page. Could that be why it got flagged? Sounds like it.