A word game / writing prompt would anyone like to play?

1. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

The object of the game is to take one word - preferably a cool word that can invoke a lot of thought or meaning and write a thought on the one word.  Exercises like this can help to spark creativity and improve writing.

Share a thought or experience around the word that is no more than a short paragraph long and does not include the original word wink - but the ideas/thoughts the words convey to you! 

I think it will be fun to see how many different ideas and thoughts different people have smile It may also spark some ideas for doing hubs or writing stories etc.

We can start a new thread with a different word each week or every few days or something ...

Anyway Today's Word - One of my personal favorites -  Serendipity

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I really didn't want to go to this particular dinner.  I couldn't think of a polite way to back out of it, I knew it was important to my friend/hostess.  I was never comfortable attending functions alone, knowing that I would not know anyone there but the host. I now saw an opportunity to face my social fears, so I put on my best mask of confidence and away I went.  After several hours of pleasant conversation, I not only discovered that I am able to function in social situations, I also met a future client who has referred ongoing work to me in the process.  Sometimes we get what we want by pushing ourselves out of our comfort zones.

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

She had ten years of local newspapers stacked up in the hall. Two other rooms packed to the ceiling with photos. Most of the other rooms in the house were dominated by the presence of the cats. White cats in the front bedroom,grey in the back bedrooms, and the tabbies downstairs. So when, as I tidied and threw away some of the junk, I discovered the newspaper with details of her wedding, a baby photo with her name and date of birth on the back of it and a seal point Siamese cat in the kitchen I was not sure what the word was for it.