jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

What is up w/ Amazon?

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

Okay, drop in traffic- understood- Economic hardships? Maybe- but no purchases in over 2 months when it used to be daily leads me to believe there is something more...?
    (over 300 clicks so far this mth= no sale?)
    Anyone else just having 'odd' results?

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't gotten as many clicks or purchases per month as you, but I've definitely gotten fewer clicks and NO purchases the last two months, also... sad

And I have actually had an increase in my hub views, so I have no clue what's going on!

2. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

May be wrong traffic?

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 5 years ago

Last month was very normal for me.  This month is better than normal # wise, pretty average $ wise.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

each month is different..last few months were great..this month is awful!

4. creamice profile image76
    creamiceposted 5 years ago

I am definitely having odd results as well.  Last month was not that good as well.

5. maxravi profile image2
    maxraviposted 5 years ago

It depends on the type of traffic you are getting.. may be they were not the quality ones.Well in my case i seen more sales from hubpages traffic itself.may be you need to wait for sometime.

6. shai77 profile image81
    shai77posted 5 years ago

Last few months, about the last 4 actually, there are almost no purchases from Amazon.Sad but true!

7. PaulPd0 profile image88
    PaulPd0posted 5 years ago

New laws in the state of California are no longer allowing people to earn money through Amazon affiliate programs. I am not sure what other states might have followed along with this law, but you should have gotten something in your Email from Amazon if it affects you. Do a Google search to make sure no laws changed for Amazon affiliates in your area

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
      PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

none...at a loss

8. KeithTax profile image82
    KeithTaxposted 5 years ago

I think HubPages is no longer an Amazon affiliate due to the California law. As a result, HP no longer focuses on Amazon in their business model and it shows in our results as well.

Another likely answer is that HP is focusing on their ad sales program. Google and Amazon are down for me, but HP ad revenue is up. The HP ad program is based on traffic. Low traffic, high click hubs are no longer profitable here. Example: Most of my tax hubs get modest traffic, but very high click trough rates. No more with the HP ad program, even when I shut it off.

I only publish hubs I think will be high traffic now. Tax and similar hubs are going on a new website connected to my office. Current tax hubs will stay so I don't lose links, etc.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't see how that would make a difference to our sales, since our Hubs haven't changed.

Now that I agree with.  Not because they're "focusing", but because HP Ads are often large and colorful.  They're catching the readers' eyes more than the smaller Amazon and Adsense ads so you're less likely to get Amazon or Adsense clicks.

As for getting clicks and no sales - I've seen other people complaining about this and wonder if there's a problem at Amazon?  It does happen with affiliate programs every now and then though I'm sure they'd never admit it.