jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Whoo-Hoo!! A whopping $0.19!!

1. Chaotic Chica profile image85
    Chaotic Chicaposted 5 years ago

After 18 months of writing, posting, reading, commenting and generally have a grand time on HubPages I was surprised to see that I finally made some earnings.....a whole nineteen cents worth!! big_smile  I can't even get a Chiklet! LOL  I cannot stop laughing!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

....too funny...come on, not even a chiklet?  big_smile....mine is '-25 cents'...i owe someone

...thanks for the laugh!

2. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 5 years ago

Chaotic Chicaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, TamCor!  LOL  I find it very amusing.

3. tarrka1089 profile image61
    tarrka1089posted 5 years ago

LOL....I've made a few cents more, but not much.  It's truly a love for doing these Hubs, the moola is icing on a cupcake!  Have a great day!

1. lakenannika profile image60
      lakenannikaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol congrats at least you got something b/w I lost the 12 cents after changing the hubpage domain..sad

2. Chaotic Chica profile image85

@tarrka~I'm with you.  I came here to write and read but, like you said, if I happened to make some money with them, all the better! 

@lakenannika~I didn't think they could take your earnings away once they've been earned. I'm sorry for your loss.

4. Ddraigcoch profile image82
    Ddraigcochposted 5 years ago

Well done. Only another $49.81 to hit payout. You might be young enough to buy a rocking chair!

ROFLMRO!!!!  Yay, me! I have so much to look forward to.  Maybe I'll start looking for a really comfortable one! big_smile

5. maxravi profile image11
    maxraviposted 5 years ago

Well congrats to you..just keep writing..you will get more..

6. Neerizzle profile image84
    Neerizzleposted 5 years ago

Congrats! I only recently made my first few cents too so I know how it feels. smile Even though it isn't a lot it encourages you to keep writing lol

7. 0
    adeaugustusposted 5 years ago

18 months? That's pretty long for that, i also came here for passion, but for my first few weeks on here, all interesting hubs were based on how to make money. So i figured i could do both at the same time. I dont do much of backlinking cos i dont have time for it, and yesterday after five weeks i have earned £0.68. Yesterday's was £0.38. I am so much happy about it. And congratulations.

8. equine profile image80
    equineposted 5 years ago

I hope to be able to make a little money on here. Any advice on what kind of content actually sells?

1. thejeffriestube profile image85
      thejeffriestubeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's not so much what content, but the way it's presented. I gave up trying to write for keywords, products, and all that stuff, and I just write about what I know. I spell check everything, check the grammar, and most importantly, you MUST fill out the Tags, Summary, and Title properly. They should all have the main focus word in each of those places.

Just write about what you know, but write about it well. People will start reading your stuff because they like to read what YOU write, not just because of the topic.

9. jennysbus profile image61
    jennysbusposted 5 years ago