jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

I encountered a strange problem.. need some suggestion

1. maxravi profile image1
    maxraviposted 5 years ago

I was writing a hub other day about sign language for baby.
    This was one of the sentence in the hub:

React like you won - Whenever your baby learn some signs, reacts like you won a jackpot.Jump,shout,clap or kiss the baby. It sent a positive signal to baby and he will keep on learning.

My hub then got flagged & ads were disabled by automatic content filters.
    When I removed the part "kiss the baby"
    Everything was Ok.

My question is what we should do in these situation.Will only option will be to remove the content?

Members please suggest.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Probably.

And I hoped you changed it from "kiss the baby" to "high-five the baby". smile

2. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It makes me wonder what is wrong with that phrase, but the filters let through some things that they shouldn't.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try learning to write and speak a proper English sentence. Most of what you wrote here I could not understand.

2. Rob Winters profile image78
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

Changing it is your quickest option maxravi but you could contact the hubpages support team.I've heard of them overturning things that get flagged for the wrong reasons etc. You may end up waiting a few days for a reply if they're busy mind.

3. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

This reminds me of the UK and their anti-paedo rules that factor to the lowest possible common denonimator.

Ordinary people hate paedos. (Pedos - US speak)

Now, a father cannot comfort a strange child in the park who has just fallen off a swing without fear of prosecution.

Mothers can't video tape or photograph their children taking part in school concerts.

The people who are losing out in all this 'political correctness' are the children themselves.

As a child, any adult would help me in any situation.

Now, they would have to walk on by.

Can't write 'kiss a baby' when it is the most natural thing in the world?

We are losing the plot.

4. maxravi profile image1
    maxraviposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all your reply guys, Well I think only oprion is to remove these words from your hub.As google itself won't allow these keywords, HP can't do much.

5. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

The phrase 'hit the jackpot' may cause the filter to trip I guess smile

maxraviposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good one sofs smile

1. Cardisa profile image93
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think Sofs is right. That phrase sounds like gambling and HP policies state that no content on gambling will be tolerated.

Change that phrase and see what happens.

You may also email the team with a link to the hub and have them read it and give you feedback.

I recently sent them a hub to check and they told me exactly what to do. My hub was not really flagged, but I was concerned about the content based on feedback from a reader.

If the hub meets HP standard they can override the system and have it published.

maxraviposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply Cardisa, but when i removed kiss the baby word, the flag was removed automatically.so i concluded that was the culprit word.

1. Cardisa profile image93
            Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good, I am glad you got it fixed.

working