jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Finding your Hub through Google. Please help.

1. justsayom profile image80
    justsayomposted 5 years ago

The Hub I just started is on the BRCA(Breast Cancer) mutation. I want others who have this mutation to be able to find my Hub through google. I typed in BRCA Hubpages into google. I even typed in my title and Hubpages and did not get a result for my Hub. How do you get your Hub to show up on google or another search engine? Thanks for your help.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You mean you have just started it and you haven't yet published it.. it will not show up in Google if that is what you are asking..if not you may have to wait until it is indexed by Google.

justsayomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply. I have published it. What does that mean to be indexed by Google and how long does that usually take. Also, is there a way to raise you ranking on Google, so you show up on the first or second page when someone does a search?

1. sofs profile image87
          sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess you need to make a trip to the learning center and learn about keyword research, SEO and stuff.. to get your hub on Google top searches
          You may want to start here http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents
          To be indexed by Google would mean that Google spiders have crawled and listed your hubs on Google searches..

Thanks for the info. I will refer back to the learning center.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is a strong possibility that your hub is going to get kicked offline because of its subject matter. I'd recommend you unpublish before google discovers it and post it somewhere else instead.

I could be wrong. smile

2. maxravi profile image1
    maxraviposted 5 years ago

Well it may take some time before your hub will be indexed in google.

Thanks for your response.

3. sasta10 profile image78
    sasta10posted 5 years ago

It depends if google indexes you hubs or not.  It also takes time for it to be indexed by google.  It doesn't happen overnight.  You can check on google by typing in "hubpages with your hubpage id".  If any  of your hubs are index it should show up on the search results.  Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

working