jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Bing and Yahoo: how to get placed

1. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

The vast majority of my traffic comes from the various Googles, mainly .com. Next is Hubpages, at about 5-10% of the Google hits. I get practically nothing through Bing and Yahoo.

Could this be due to different audiences using these search engines? Most of my hubs focus on information rather than on selling specific products.

Is there anything I should be doing? I must admit I never use either of those search engines myself. I use Google and Google Scholar. I tried Yahoo once and was not impressed.

1. klanguedoc profile image87
      klanguedocposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google gets about 85% of global search traffic as per Net MarketShare marketshare.hitslink.com/, so it is not surprising that you get little or no traffic from these sites. I might add you could add some links to Buzz, a Yahoo service and also to their Groups and forums as they will tend to index these more quickly.

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Neither Bing nor yahoo get searched anywhere near as much as google, that is still how it is despite the several changes to google algorithms (Panda) that everyone is screaming about. smile

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I think that if you use yahoo's book mark service - which I believe is "Delicious" that that sort of gets you in with yahoo's search engine.

I could be wrong about that particular, but I do get a yahoo search engine hit or three most every day; and I sometimes bookmark on Delicious.

As for Bing - they are tied in with Facebook, and I always share on Facebook - I'm pretty sure that that gets you in the Bing index.

4. lady rain profile image86
    lady rainposted 5 years ago

I get about the same number of search traffic from google, bing and yahoo, but the traffic from google comes in a few weeks later after yahoo and bing. I guess it all depends on the topics of your hubs.