jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

See Our Main Man Rup- (newsletter guy) live in a video interview...

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

I do want to give kudos to the HubPages crew for putting Rup on the newsletter detail, he's doing a great job bringing the featured Huber of the week gig to life. I love how it's never the same thing two weeks in a row and there’s always a surprise in the next FH layout... (no pressure rup *smiles* wink

But I think that one week the team of HubPages should all write a spotlight hub giving us the good dirt smile I mean write their individual HubPages coming up story, what they're passionate about and answer 5 questions from us each (we all ask our questions here in this thread then rup-man picks 5 of them and the staff all write a hub based on this and their story.

I'm sure we all want to know about a hubs worth of back story on the people that breathed life into HubPages and continue to give it mouth to mouth on a daily basis... Honestly if anyone deserves a featured Huber spotlight spot it is each and every one of those guys, because they've earned it, in a short 3 years (or was it 4?) look how phenomenally popular this site is? Not an internet marketer or writer out there hasn't heard of HubPages, that's a hell of an undertaking if you ask me.

Am I alone in this thought stream guys? If you agree please comment, and leave at least one burning question you’d like to ask the HubPages staff (individually or collectively)

I’ll start:

Rup-  How did you find HubPages and what lead to your becoming a part of the staff, enlighten us; I saw this great video of your online video interview (first time I saw a HubPages staff member in real time) and you guys can see him here in all his glory (rup-):

Paul Edmondson, Jay Reitz, and Paul Deeds- How did you the original team get together on this project, and what were your actual projections to how far this would go, i.e. did you think that this may not really be all that popular but hoped it would be? Is it sublime that it turned out the way it did?

Jason- How did you arrive at HubPages? what was going through your head your first day on the job?

Maddie- we know you were a Huber but what’s your story for how you got them to hire you, inquiring minds want to know, secondly is your job hard, or is it so easy you constantly have to find things to do to challenge yourself? Do you find you have a lot of extra time to write hubs still? Do you feel separate from the community or more like a part of it but you have more power to affect changes, what was your motivation for working at HubPages, money? Fame? Fun? (that was one question right?)

(not sure about who all works for HubPages so I’ll leave those questions to the other Huber’s who know them)..

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

They misspelled Maddie big_smile

Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

thats how its spelled on her profile?

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

She is Maddie, not Maddy...

Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

oh I thought you meant "I" spelled it wrong sorry smile