jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

This corpse refuses to get any traffic.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Any advice and ideas on how to change that would be much appreciated.

http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/ … ights-Rant

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just quickly...the title does not let people know what it is about. I would have civil rights in there somewhere

paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, I did that for the first year or whatever. Along with legal rights, attorneys, lawyers, contracts, lawsuits, and darn near all the other high-paying keywords that are in the subheadings. smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
          Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That may be, but the way it is now, you are not giving a reader any reason to read this text. The title's got to tantalize and the text has to deliver on the title. That's not SEO...that's just responsible writing.

You and Writer are right. smile I'm now thinking about what else to tack back on it. smile

2. Sally's Trove profile image97
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is absolutely right. Your title has nothing to do with your text. "Giving Your Rights Away Because You Don't Read Fine Print," although awkward, would be a plus.

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

What are my Civil Rights.  Does your Civil Rights still exist?

I am not very imaginative when it comes to titles.  I do however get found by search engines?

Your excellent suggestion just caused me to add 3 more words to the title, apparently google loves this particular phrase.

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
        Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. J Burgraff profile image79
        J Burgraffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I might shorten it to "Civil Rights:  Do mine still exist?"

Yours is an intelligent and well thought-out title. Unfortunately, those don't seem to work anymore. I'll try it if the present experiment doesn't work. smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image89

Aside from the title, I've also just made another counter-intuitive (or not) change. I've taken it out of the legal category and put it into politics.

As you can see, I'm grasping at straws and will consider anything even remotely plausible. smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image89

Thanks again everyone. I think I have now sufficiently re-mangled this hub enough to make google coagulate on it awhile... smile smile smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image89

Well, I've now determined that both intelligent and stupid do not seem to work. So, I've decided to go back to intelligent. Specifically, I have now implemented the kind suggestions that you guys have made in this thread. Thanks again. We'll see what happens in another 5 weeks. smile smile smile

http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/ … ights-Rant

6. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Hi Paradigmsearch smile aside from playing around with your 'corpse' tongue lol have you checked upon the backlinks of your competition - to find how, why, what, etc., gives them good SE ranking? wink just a thought. smile

Alas, no. I'm used to my hubs generating backlinks on their own. big_smile

working