jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)

Traffic and Earnings will be poor from now through Labor Day

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Agree or Disagree? smile

1. Granny's House profile image64
      Granny's Houseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you want to make money go somewhere else. Hub Pages is getting really bad. They unpublished one of my hubs for a prohibited link? The link was Amazon!
      I am going to unpublish all my hubs before Hub Pages has me pick them apart then go somewhere else with them!

2. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

def true for me.. lol

3. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Whats Labour Day? I'm from the UK smile I doubt they will suffer much if they are universal topics

paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The 5th of September and the “official” end of summer in U.S. Vacations and other forms of slackerdom will prevail until then. After that, everybody is back at work and on the net instead of doing their jobs. smile

4. Randy Godwin profile image91
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

This time of year is my best earning period.  Or was.  Nothing is dependable on the internet.  smile

5. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 6 years ago

That sounds like advantage to me! to some the summer time is there best earning period, but to people that doesnt write on stuffs that relates to holidays/vacation. then days after 5th of september would be like christmas eve!

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought is was an advantage too, until my account was sabotaged by I know not what.  Tough luck, I suppose.  smile

6. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

I guess no more checking of stats or GA for me till the 6th then. No need to upset myself watching the falling blue arrows.

I kind of wondered what was happening to my earnings today hmm

1. profile image0
      adeaugustusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Blue triangles might be some times frustrating.

7. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Wow. Kind of interesting. I will have to keep an eye on the blue arrows as well.

8. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

Disagree,

Although a very large proportion of traffic is US based, the trend is growing with more people using this site internationally.

It is extremely helpful to have quality hubs with evergreen content. Suffice to say nothing wrong writing hubs based on trends, gossip, holidays and such, but these are seasonal and traffic in spikes occurs.

I salivate for this time of year as the Northern hemisphere stays indoors longer and I see a rise of traffic from Sept through to March.

9. liljen23 profile image79
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

I agree. I need to do more writing on vacations and maybe camping...

10. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Agree.  It's a trend I've seen online for the last decade.

11. gjcody profile image82
    gjcodyposted 6 years ago

Never noticed ..but will look into this.  Thanks for the thought!

12. Randy Godwin profile image91
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

No, it's not a trend when one has their highest traffic and earnings in a particular season and it falls %80 the day after my best earning day of the year on Adsense.  I know my traffic has been penalized by Google for some reason or no reason at all.  It's no trend.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll probably get kicked off but some of the staff who have 100 scores should be ashamed of the crap they write. Last night one of the leadersw wrote a falafel recipe (we were told to stop writing recipes). It had about 5 ingedients, including a can of garbanzo beans, and you pop it all in the food processor and bake it in cute shapes. That earns a 100 score? A 10 year old writes like that. You need to be a "pet" around here.

1. WriteAngled profile image92
        WriteAngledposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fortunately scores are totally meaningless outside of Hubpages, i.e. where the earnings are.

I remember someone from HP mentioning they are doing various experiments using staff accounts. Possibly they are giving recipes a look right now?

13. ubanichijioke profile image52
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

Vacation here i come. Destination unknown!

14. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Things are actually not bad today. smile

Wednesday, August 24th.

If this extrapolates accordingly to post Labor Day, then I'd say HP is really on the comeback trail big time. smile

15. Marye Audet profile image90
    Marye Audetposted 5 years ago

Disagree. Usually from this point on I have my highest traffic of the year..and I am seeing the same trend. It will dip labor day weekend but not until then

paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your traffic is probably due to those Nigerian Dwarf Dairy goats. smile

1. Marye Audet profile image90
        Marye Audetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually it is usually on homeschooling and Christmas topics from this point.

16. anujagarwal profile image66
    anujagarwalposted 5 years ago

So far, today is the best day regarding HP traffic. It is up by almost 40%.

17. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

It is indeed very good today. May the trend continue! smile

18. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

My traffic is great! now I jinxed it! yikes

working