jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

HubPages Hub : How to indent?

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

This is quite the noob question & I have published for a long time -- but how do I indent -- lets say for instance a bullet or something? 

Every time I try and indent with the space bar or something, it just auto fixes the paragraph or sentence when I save the capsule. This is something I have been wondering about for a long time because I want to indent when I use bullets in my hubs to make it look more organized -- or at least make it appear like it flows better...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is there a reason you don't want to use the "bullet" button in the formatting toolbar in the text capsule?

1. David 470 profile image86
        David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

If I make a bullet, it does not indent.

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1) My bullets do indent. You have to highlight the section you want indented, THEN hit the bullets button

2) I've often "indented" a section by making it "preformatted" using the "Quote" button in the edit. Again, highlight the section, then hit the quote button. It may not be quite what you want, but it should work.

3) Worst case scenario, use HTML space... ampersand - space-semi-colon (technically it's an entity, but we're not THAT technical)

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

You can TRY (I tried and finally just said screw it and put it in a table but that wont work for this situation) to use the "preformatted" option on your text capsule.  It's in the pull down section of the tools bar across the top of the text module... it's automatically set to "Format".  Preformatted is the last option.  Cut and paste to see how it works out for you.

Or, you could try to go into the html editing tool (first option on the same tool bar) and add tabs manually.  It didn't work for me, but it might for you. Use  <pre> and then paste text... end with </pre>

I had thought once that there was a way to upload html files, but I can't seem to find it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The HTML thing is for people who want to display example code, for instance someone explaining how to code a website.  It's not a way to use HTML.

3. profile image0
    Lexi de LionCourtposted 5 years ago

I've been wondering how to do it since my first hub as well!

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image92
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

I have several problems with the text editing tool in hubpages too. Though for your question, I would recommend you to try to indent first and then hit the bullet button. It always work for me. I've used indented bullets in several hubs of mine.

I have a weird problem with the 'underline text tool'. I asked a question too about it, but it seems that the problem was just with me =/

working