jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

helppppp, too personal?

1. heyju profile image60
    heyjuposted 5 years ago

I've had a hub, written well over a year ago.  First I was informed the title was already taken, so i changed it.  Next it said my picture was too pixelated, deleted it.  Now the same hub they say is too personal? This all happened recently not when i published it over a year ago. I don't know why a story, any story could not be considered personal.  Isn't it a writers job to make a story sound or for that fact feel personal.  It's recommending I revise it or it will not be published again.  Why would I revise a piece of work I've put my heart into.  I just don't understand.  Now what?

1. thooghun profile image85
      thooghunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is defined by HP as "Not useful, interesting, or easily understandable to someone that does not know the author. This may include Hubs written in the style of a blog or personal journal.".

Make of it what you will smile

2. heyju profile image60
    heyjuposted 5 years ago

Thanks Thooghun....I read that part too...I just thought a part of writing a story was to make people feel and believe...and well the comments I received on the hub...they felt like i had written it for them...made me feel as if I had accomplished something as a writer...now ...now it won't be read.

Yea, I don't see why being personal would be an issue. Perhaps HP thought it was structured like a journal? I can't comment because it's been taken down. I will say that I've noticed an escalating trend of moderation post-panda, which in the main is probably a good thing. Wish I could see your hub for myself (I have a VERY personal hub that talks about when I was critically ill and it's still up).

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HubPages can take a long time to get around to moderating Hubs so just because it's still up doesn't mean much.  However, if you've written the Hub such that you're sharing your personal experience to help others with the same condition, I think you should be OK.

It's been up close to 4 years tongue

Doesn't mean much - before January this year, they rarely if ever moderated for being "too personal".

2. Marisa Wright profile image93

Heyju, which category did you put the Hub into?  That's pretty important, so HubPages knows your story is intended as fiction, not as a personal memoir. 

To be honest I'm not sure which category is the right one - I'd say Books, Literature and Writing and Creative Writing, but I'm not sure.

1. heyju profile image60
        heyjuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure Marisa what category I logged it into, it's been so long since I wrote it I've forgotten...but thank you for your reply, I guess it's just one of those things.  Hopefully it  will all work out in the end.  smile

You can check the category by editing the Hub.  You can resubmit it for publication, so it's worth doing.

3. heyju profile image60
    heyjuposted 5 years ago

Thanks Thooghun smile

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

All these rules where there, but they were not strictly implemented.. and when you agreed to the TOS you had agreed to follow all of these terms.. It is only now HP is taking itself seriously and flagging these hubs as such.. Sorry about your plight but that is what most people who wrote earlier have had to deal with.. hope you have it sorted out ..best wishes to you..

5. Hunbbel Meer profile image91
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

Don't put your work to waste. Try to edit the hub a bit, and put it into a category which may seem a fiction story to all. Publish it and let the readers like us enjoy it smile Best of luck

working