jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Hub not cleared due to 'Adult content' even though it was OK before

1. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

In the recent problem with broken links being reported one of my hubs got edited and submitted for moderator review because it was no longer approved. The hub is about why France is considered a country for sexiness and had been previously reviewed and given the OK. I assumed it was just a formality and it would be cleared again but it has not. In fact I now get told it is "Substandard" and that it is in violation of Adult Content rules. I can't say I am very pleased with this but have made some changes to the hub and, in fact, to be on the safe side I got rid of all the ads.

However, I am now very aware that what my idea of OK content and what some anon moderator here thinks is allowable are very different. I also am concerned with this warning:

"Repeatedly submitting Hubs for review that are still in violation of the rules will result in the permanent closure of your account. If you have questions about the rules, please review the FAQ, ask for clarification in the forum".

My problem with this is how many times does "repeatedly" mean? How do I know if what I am submitting is OK or not? Is there a list of words that are allowed? I ask this because "inappropriate" language is not permissible. I see that "provocative images" are not allowed too despite the fact that the pop music industry is full of such imagery!

It is all very vague and I am no mind-reader!

2. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

I think that the moderators need to give more detail, especially with Hubs or Hubbers that have been around for a long time. It is good customer service and, will avoid many problems in the future. I do not buy in to the arguement that they are too busy to show higher standards of service to hubbers that have been here for a year or more and have large portfolios of hubs! It is clear that you are not a spammer and should be treated with a little more understanding- after all you make money for them too!

1. Bard of Ely profile image88
      Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your support! I make a point of not using four-letter words in any of my hubs, not posting any nudity but still end up in trouble without the actual offending items being listed. So I have to guess as to what to take out just in case it is covered by the vague blanket ban.

1. 67
        mick094mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have deleted mine as they were deemed as substandard after being published for 2 years won't be publishing anything else on here thats for sure