jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Looking for some constructive criticism

1. KevinC9998 profile image78
    KevinC9998posted 5 years ago

I have just started writing on HubPages and am looking for some constructive criticism on my writing style.  I have posted mostly comical anecdotes as well as some motivational pieces. Any advice on my hubs would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

IMHO, your stuff felt more like blog posts (random musings) than informational articles. Maybe I didn't read enough of them. big_smile

The problem is... is there an AUDIENCE for your writings, when they are not about something in particular, and thus, would lead to traffic?

2. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

Hi Kevin, Welcome to Hub Pages.

I read a few of your hubs and found them light and breezy, somewhat comical as you said. You have a nice writing style.

Hubs can be likened to articles. HP frowns on hubs that are purely personal so you should add some helpful tips or information in them. For instance, on the hub about upgrading your daughter's cell phone plan, you could add some info comparing various plans or the pros and cons of text plans. You can still put plenty of humor in them, just add some meat to them to make them more substantive.

Good luck!

3. KevinC9998 profile image78
    KevinC9998posted 5 years ago

Thanks Danette, I appreciate and will follow your advice.  Kevin