jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Anyone else see strange things with their traffic?

1. wychic profile image78
    wychicposted 5 years ago

I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this -- my traffic just jumped off a cliff completely today. As in -- yesterday I was even about 10% above average, then this morning EVERYTHING was down and it said I had 70 hits in the past 24 hours for all of my hubs. Is there a problem counting hits today, or did something else happen? The number of hits it says I have for the past 24 hours overall is less than the number that it said I had last night at 10:00 for a single hub, and that horribly low number was there at 6:30 this morning. I'd love to know if I'm alone or not in this, please smile. Hubscore is down five points since this morning and, I'm sure, will continue dropping with this. I keep having horrible daymares that this is "Revenge of Panda" or whichever sequel we're on to now.

2. mulberry1 profile image90
    mulberry1posted 5 years ago

You may be experiencing something that others have been reporting for the last week or two. Mine fell over the cliff similarly about 10 days or so ago. There are a couple of threads going about it.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

My traffic is doing OK for the moment... maybe it is just a bad day? Someone had mentioned the run-up to labor day as being a low traffic time of year. Or did someone copy your hubs (I've read about times when a copied hub ended up ranking higher than the original on google). I really hope it is just a glitch!

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

We are all doomed!

Until after September 5th anyway. smile

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 5 years ago in reply to this

5. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

This traffic thing is another thing here on HP that will drive you crazy.

I have been working on ignoring what HP says my traffic is and been promoting my hubs.

I honestly really think that HP system is really flawed when it comes to any kind of calculations.

1. wychic profile image78
      wychicposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been here for almost four years, and while the numbers have never completely agreed, they've never been this nuts tongue...even immediately post-farmer, post-Panda, and post-subdomain switch it has never, ever been this low -- and that includes Christmas Eve, past Labor Days, and mid-terms wink. The main reason I've been wondering if it's a glitch is because of the HUGE difference in the 24-hour numbers when I checked just over eight hours apart.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you checked your Adsense stats or Analytics?