Quotations or Exerpts for Text Capsules in the Blue/Gray Background

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

A suggestion:

Would it be possible for the Hubteam to add the feature to the text capsule for Quotations, to be able to change the background to the blue or gray?

We can do this when we move the text to the right and make it smaller, but it would be helpful to be able to leave the text capsule at full width and have the background as blue or gray to set it apart from paragraphs above and below it. (when in quotations)

The reason I ask this is...I am writing a Hub that I will be adding some personal experience to help validate the article. I want to use the quotations to set it apart, make stand out, from the rest of the article for emphasis.

I read articles online all the time where this method is used and it makes it clearer, by the way I read these articles, when the quoted section is a different colored background to go along with the indented area it is placed.

It would be greatly appreciated!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have done this many times-- we already have that option. Move your text right and select the background.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know it can be done by moving the text to the right. I mentioned that in my post and that the option should be to add the background without having to move it to the right, but in Full Width.
        Being able to leave the capsule full width in situation would be better than adding it as a side box.
        I want it to add to the story in the capsule above it, not run alongside where the reader has to go up and down to read the quoted section.  I wouldn't do that, so I wouldn't expect readers to want to do that either.