I got unpublished, anyone have this problem?

1. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 5 years ago

I got a hub unpublished because I used a lengthy passage of scripture. They said it was found on an online bible site so I could not use it. I am not understanding that because what difference does it make whether I sit down and copy out of my bible at home, or from an online bible site? So I took out the lengthy passage and just gave the chapter of the bible and suggested they read it. This passage was crucial to my topic.

They also found a similar scripture on some other site I've never seen before. Probably millions of people have used that scripture online or in every other media form. But there are a million ways to use the passage and write about it. Anyone else have that happen?

2. RedSturtz profile image78
    RedSturtzposted 5 years ago

If you publish anything on Hubpages that has been published elsewhere on the internet (even if YOU wrote it), it's classed as duplicate content. It doesn't matter if you're allowed to use the content or where it's from; the checks are made based on how closely it matches the wording on other websites.

Google penalises sites that use duplicate content - that's why any article that contains more than a certain percentage of duplicate content will be unpublished. If you need to quote something from another source, try and use it very sparingly and put a lot of your own writing and interpretation with it.