jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is Adsense Account Necessary To Join HubPages Ads Program?

1. surefire profile image84
    surefireposted 5 years ago

I would like to know if it is absolutely necessary to have an Adsense Account for joining the HubPages Ads Program.

1. noenhulk profile image57
      noenhulkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I guess it is necessary.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Yes you do.

3. surefire profile image84

@noenhulk and Uninvited Writer

Thank you both for responding to my question and I am sure as experienced Hubbers what you say must be right.

But if I understand it right, Adsense and HubPages Ads program are separate and have distinct identities. Then why should it be a condition that you must have an Adsense program to participate in HubPages Ads Program?

The reason for asking is that now it is not easy to be admitted to Adsense program for residents of some countries. As such these people may not be able to earn from HubPages even if they are good writers able to add value to HubPages.

So I feel that this condition should be relaxed.

1. bell du jour profile image60
      bell du jourposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi surefire I have exactly the same problem, and unfortunately until you are able to link an Adsense a/c to Hubpages you can't participate in the Hubpages Ads programme :-(  All I can suggest is that you keep writing and apply again to Adsense in a couple of months time. That's what I intend to do.  Good luck!

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image91
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

Yes. According to my limited knowledge, it is 'essential'.

5. surefire profile image84

Taking into account the difficulty faced by some people in getting approved for Adsense, I would like to request that the HubPages Admin should consider modifying the rule.

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It isn't. The whole revenue sharing system at HP is dependnt on google and its subsidiaries.

2. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But HP ads are also Google ads and it is unlikely that Hubpages will be able to do much there.. I would suggest that you keep writing as the hubs do take time to earn through adsense ..by the time you get approved..the hubs will start producing  a few cents or maybe even $$ a day smile