jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Answering Fanmail on Hubs

1. Jean Bakula profile image97
    Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago

Now I read somewhere that our score goes down if we respond to people that comment on our hubs. Is this true? I realize lots of crazy stuff is happening, but I am writing at the same level, and see all my hubs dropping, and my main score. I do know that main score doesn't matter much, and that in this period of transition, we are all trying to wait and see. So, just the first question, does it hurt to answer fellow hubbers on our hubs? It seems rude not to acknowledge them if they are nice or interested enough to stop and read our work. Thanks.

1. legitimo profile image59
      legitimoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was told you should answer every one and thank them for their comments no matter how nice or ugly they are.Don't forget to read how to get notice on hubpages by J.Mathews.If you Love to write,keep writing don't worry about scores,or take a step back and see what you could add to bring the traffic back to your hubs.Good Luck in everything.

2. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

@ Jean, Absolutely not.. You can answer the comments.. the score are related to too many different things one among them is the traffic to your hubs.. and community interaction.. but I would say don't worry about scores just do what you are doing, write using great keywords, optimize your hubs for search engines and backlinking them.. the traffic and earnings will come.. Score are not really indicative of anything.

Edit.. But fan mails are different from comments you cannot answer fan mail.. you can at the most reciprocate them by sending another fan mail.
    I hope you are not confusing fan mail with comments.

1. Jean Bakula profile image97
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi sofs,
      Sorry for the confusion. I meant answering comments, not Fan Mail, and used the two interchanably. I was talking about the comments at the end of our hubs, so thanks for answering my question.

1. sofs profile image88
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome..I just wanted to be sure that I was answering the right question.

3. Hunbbel Meer profile image92
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

Forget about the author scores and/or the hub scores. Don't pay attention, it is simple is this. You cannot control it, sometimes they act ridiculously; you can't control them at all. Just write, be active, help others, reply to comments, do some insightful comments, do your role; play your part. Be happy and satisfied. At some point, the hub scores (if written well) and the author score (if you are good-looking) will definitely increase tongue

4. alphagirl profile image80
    alphagirlposted 5 years ago

It is just professional courtesy to answer any fan mail. If someone takes the time to write you something good or bad, they thought enough of what you wrote. Acknowledgement is something we all like. or am I wrong? Best wishes!