jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

14 Days In, 30 Hubs Down

1. Joe Macho profile image93
    Joe Machoposted 5 years ago

This is my first time visiting the forums. I actually just started with Hubpages two weeks ago today! I wish that the 30 Day hub challenge was still around because I just published #30 today. I've been writing like a mad man, but I still haven't seen the traffic I was expecting. I've been known to jump the gun and expect too much sometimes. Is this the case? Will I start to see a larger volume of organic traffic if I continue at this publishing rate?

Here's one of my hubs for each topic that I've wrote about so far.

http://joemacho.hubpages.com/hub/Value- … ln-Pennies
    http://joemacho.hubpages.com/hub/Live-P … -Aquariums

How does everything look so far? Is there anything major that needs to be tweaked?

Thanks for your feedback. I look forward to writing among you all!

2. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

Hi Joe,
    I don't think the 30 day hub challenge has been eliminated - where did you hear that? I have never participated in one but it's my understanding that anyone can do a 30 day challenge and start whenever they want.

Regardless, I read a few of your hubs and enjoyed them very much. You have a nice balance of info with photos and videos, etc. I don't see how you could improve much on them.

The question of traffic is a tricky one and a sore spot with many hubbers, especially with those who have been here a long time. I've only been here 10 months. Several months ago (maybe 6 now?) google changed its algorithms for their search engine results and it messed everyone up. Since then, most hubbers have seen a big drop in their traffic. I never really saw a lot to begin with so I'm used to the low views. LOL.

Now that you've written a lot of hubs, my suggestion would be to do some reading of others' hubs, comment, write on the forums but still write hubs. That should start getting some traffic for you.

Good luck and welcome to Hub Pages!

3. breete01 profile image60
    breete01posted 5 years ago

Congratulations on completing the 30 day challenge.  I am brand new to this.  Hopefully we'll see the traffic increase significantly soon. They are supposed to be taking care of the problems.

4. Joe Macho profile image93
    Joe Machoposted 5 years ago

Hey thanks to the both of you for the feedback. I keep reading about the google panda thing as well, but I'm still not sure if it's hurting me as a new writer.