0 views 3 days in a row... what's wrong with this hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profiler profile image64
    profilerposted 15 years ago

Can someone please give me some tips on how to improve this hub?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Isearch---new-s … ble-online

I don't know what to do anymore!

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You have to tag more. It will help search engines to crawl better. Hub pages also search through tags. You can try suggested tags below your tags.
      jyoti kothari

2. VioletSun profile image75
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

Know that even though its not allowable to post links to our hubs in the forums, I clicked on your link and  read your hub, and my goodness,  I can't believe how very easy it is to invade someone's privacy!

1. Marian Swift profile image60
      Marian Swiftposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually, this is the one Forum where it's permitted.  It was set up because so many of us wanted a place where we could request feedback without committing spammage.

And yeah, it's scary!

1. VioletSun profile image75
        VioletSunposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ooops, I didn't realize I was in the Extreme Hub Makeover area, you are correct. Was just browsing and clicked on this forum without looking in which area I was.  I am glad I stopped by because I found the hub on Isearch.

3. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Your Hub gives excellent information.  It is relatively short, but seems about the right length for the topic.

I'm no traffic expert, but some Hubs will take off almost before you publish them, and others sit for a few days before anyone sees them.  More serious Hubs seem to have that slow-growth tendency.

profilerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. By the comments that you and other hubbers have done the problem is not on the content itself but more on the exposure I can do of the hub and it's subject. Unfortunately, I'm not a traffic expert as well sad

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 15 years ago

What are you doing to promote the hub? 

The "if you build it they will come" theory often does not work as well as some simple and targeted promotion.

Well, i posted it on Digg and Mixx, altough I don't have visits from there. I'm not very good with SEO stuff and keywords. Maybe I don't have the right ones for this particular topic, or maybe it's just people isn't very interesting in knowing.

What do you mean with simple and targeted promotion? Does that involve posting it on more social networks or altering the title or something like that?

Thanks for the feedback, by the way! HubHug to you big_smile

5. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Wait and watch or add some more content.

6. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Hey profiler,

I think that the Hub itself looks OK and it seems like you're positioned really well on search:

http://hubpages.com/u/549884_f520.jpg

I just think that the search for the topic matter for this Hub is pretty low right now, which results in you getting low results, too.

Keep on writing and building great Hubs, not every topic that you write on will be a huge success, but once you get more Hubs written and pushed out to the web, you'll  see a good jump in your traffic numbers. I wouldn't too much about this particular Hub - just keep on writing!

7. SpotCoolStuff.com profile image69
    SpotCoolStuff.composted 15 years ago

I don't claim to be an expert in these things but in my short time here at HubPages I've found having a good title is key.

Your title "Invasion of Privacy: Intelius iSearch - online stalking tool" doesn't have many words a person would type in a search engine. Plus, your title implies a hub that's about a (dry?) civil rights privacy issue when really what you are doing is reviewing a cool search engine.

If you had gone with the title like "A better way to search for people than Google" or even something more provocative like your subhead "Stalk your peers with iSearch" I think maybe you would have done better.

Hope that helps.

~ scs

8. profiler profile image64
    profilerposted 15 years ago

To Ryan:

Thanks for the input ryan. I never knew I could get to #1 Google with this hub! I'm impressed with myself! I'll keep on writing!

SpotCoolStuff: In this case I'm impressed by you! You are tottaly right regarding the titles. Just by reading the ones you made up I know that I would want to check it out if I was browsing the web! Why didn't I thought of that? I'll pay more attention to my titles from now on.

I thought it would be really important to have the main theme of my hub in the title so that people that are really looking for it could find it. I see now that maybe having an interesting title, even without the actual keywords in there can be more fruitful...

I have learned something new! I thank you all!

9. Lissie profile image77
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

profiler sometimes I have a very different title compared to my hub url - by default they are the same but you can change them  - Ifocus the title on people and searching or an itneresting title and then the url is actually focused on SEO keywords

Great tip Lissie, thanks! I'll start to use that in my next hubs!

10. hot dorkage profile image75
    hot dorkageposted 15 years ago

People.....
    The URL is what you initially set unless you want to decom the hub and republish as a new one.  The title may be changed.  The URL is more important than the title for search engines simply because it's the easiest thing for them to look at.  I trippled my hits for a venue database when I changed the urls from

http://venudb.com?id=324 to
    http://venudb.com/venetian_theatre324
    And yes the title of that particular page was always "Venetian Theatre"

And just because you rank #1 in words from your title DOES NOT mean other people are searching for those terms.  I know this one old guy who brags on and on about how he ranks #1 at google for "Joe smalltown numbnuckies"  or something ridiculous like that.  right..... were you ever looking for that?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)