jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Deleting Less Successful Hubs

1. 0
    rethansmithposted 8 years ago

I have a few hubs that have sat dormant for a while now with less than 5 view over the last 30 days.  Would you more experienced hubbers advice that we keep our hubs pruned and delete the "inactive" ones?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

I have done that-- but you might want to consider enhancing them with more content, tags, videos etc...and backlinks if possible.

1. 0
      rethansmithposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I decided to delete one as it was about a news event, and that event has long since passed.

But, thank you so much for your insight - I honestly had not thought about adding more to make them better hubs.  I will definitely do this to the others I was considering axing.  Thanks again!

3. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

Looks like you have a lot of good titles going already-- there's no rush to do it all at once. 
    I'll do some reading tomorrow.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

I've never deleted a published hub because of bad traffic.  You never know what's going to take off and when.  Even those that get lower traffic, even if they get only a few visitors, and one of them clicks an ad, will get you some revenue.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I tend to think of Hubs like Maddie does.  And improving the content often reverses the low traffic.

5. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I've done it, but like you, only on subjects that were newsworthy at the time.  Now I'm thinking of keeping those hubs.  Never can tell when some high schooler will be researching that very event, and find it on search.  The only problem with that is that when they get to have a very low score, they aren't indexed, so not much chance of anyone finding it except by name after that, or on some Google cache.

I used to have a hub on the music of the 60's, and it was one of my most popular hubs.  I took it off because I was going to add videos, but I never did.  It was one of the only hubs where I got more hits from Google than I did from HubPages.

6. broalexdotinfo profile image61
    broalexdotinfoposted 8 years ago

Maddie is right, there is no point in deleting them, why would anyone do that? Try giving them some love and attention. More links, Media , News , Quality Rich Keywords Content, and don`t forget to promote them.

7. 0
    rethansmithposted 8 years ago

Thanks for all of the helpful info.
    There is hope for the less shiny hubs after all!