jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

The link suggestion tool and Hub Karma?

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

For a couple of months now there have been no suggestions by this tool. I have to select whatever phrases or words I want to link. What has happened to all the suggestions this tool used to give?

Why would your Karma score drop from 97 to 87 in one week even though you have been using the link suggestion tool for all your hubs?

2. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

My understanding is that some (or most) hubbers were misusing the link suggestion tool. Not by intention. They just didn't understand how to use it to their (and the site's) benefit.

Of course, the tool itself was imperfect and it was easy to misuse, so Hubpages must have discontinued supporting it.

The bottom line is: do not use the link suggestion tool. If you want to link to relevant material, do it manually.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Haunty, thanks for the quick response.

Is there some glitch with the Karma score? What is happening there?

As I understand it the Karma score directly affects the Author score. What's happening there?

3. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

You can always increase your HubKarma score by linking to others' relevant hubs and the topic pages. It doesn't matter if you do it through the link suggestion tool or manually.

The only way I can think of that might lower your karma score is if you write new hubs and forget to link from them. Other than that, I don't know why it would drop without you doing anything. In fact, it must have very little effect on your hubber score. To be honest, I don't even see where the Karma score shows up any more, as I can't find it on my profile, my account or homepage.

4. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

I gave up using it as I found it wasn't helping but was actually causing problems with broken link alerts!