jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I make links?

1. JRobin profile image61
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

Hello guys, I'm a bit new to Hubpages, and I type out the web address to my business site, but it doesn't copy out as a link.

How do I but links on my Hubpage? So that all people have to do is click on acouple highlighted words and it goes to my business website?

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

If you want to add a link to a text box, you need to highlight the text you want to be the link.  Then there is a link button that looks like a chain (it only becomes accessible when you have highlighted text).  In my textboxes, it is the furthest icon on the right where the cut & paste, font, and bullet tabs are.  Another box will pop up where you can add the link.

Hope that was clear and helps!

3. recovering addict profile image86
    recovering addictposted 9 years ago

Hey thanks Stacie...I was just wondering how to do that myself!

4. daniboy profile image59
    daniboyposted 9 years ago

I wouldn't make too many links if I were you or hub pages will de-publish your hub. I'm a newbie here too and received an email to say that i broke their TOS with too many links. These links are to a legitimate site and according to their TOS page I've done nothing wrong. I guess the TOS page needs to be made clearer. Any way the said hub in question is going to have some of links removed by myself. I see other hubs doing the same and with direct affiliate links so maybe I should have added affiliate links to different sites sad lol

So if you're going to add links just don't add too many folks!

5. 0
    daflaposted 9 years ago

I have trouble turning the link icon OFF after I've highlighted, so type your content first, then go back and highlight what you want to link to, not while you're typing.

6. The Good Cook profile image87
    The Good Cookposted 9 years ago

Thank you Stacie and Dafla for the advice. It's good to be able to browse through the various Forums and find help when you need it most.