Here we go again, Hubbbers, it's time for the weekly attack of the HubMobsters! Perhaps someone should warn the Internet?
This week's HubMob Topic is getting me excited: It's All About Halloween: Dressing Up, Making Treats and Being Scary. Hub about your favorite part of Halloween. I created this week's HubMob topic because with the month of October showing up this week, it's only a matter of weeks before my favorite Holiday of Halloween is going to be here. So, to celebrate the super-awesome holiday, I thought that we would use the HubMob as a little warm-up to all that Halloween has to offer.
As usual, I left it pretty wide open as far as specific Hub topic ideas go, but it seems like none of you ever have trouble putting your spin on whatever I throw out each week. So, whether you want to write about '10 Awesome Recipes For Cooking Pumpkin Seeds' or 'How To Create A Realistic Head Wound', there is always something about Halloween that you enjoy the most, so write away!
To join this week's HubMob, please follow the steps below:
1. Come up with an amazing idea to write your Hub on that has something to do with the topic of Halloween and what about it you always look forward to. Make the topic your own and feel free to have fun with it, research it or wing it. It's up to you on how you write your HubMob Hub.
2. After you come up with your topic idea, click this link and answer the Request that I entered in for all of you HubMobsters. Feel free to use the tags that I suggested or add a few of your own.
3. Write a an awesomely comprehensive Hub that completely covers your topic idea. Be sure to add an RSS Capsule that includes the RSS feed to the rest of this week's HubMob entries (Link: http://hubpages.com/request/7369/best?rss) and also add one of the HubMob images below to your Hub so that everyone who reads it will know that it is part of the official HubMob topic of the week.
4. After you publish your HubMob Hub, reply in this Forum thread with a brief description of what topic idea you wrote about, why you chose it and a link to your newly published contribution to the HubMob. I mean, we all want to see, too!
5. Keep track of your Hub and keep us updated on any traffic that you're getting and post some screenshots if you end up HubMobbing a few search keyword over on Google.
sigh... I have to pass this time round. From where i came from we dont have Holloween. This event is totally lost on me. Can anyone tell (a short tale) why Holloween is celebrated in the first place? Thanks
I think it is OK to interpret the HubMob topics creatively. Halloween is a holiday at the end of October in which people dress up in costumes, indulge in scary things (like haunted houses) and when kids go around getting candy. So, you can look past the Halloween aspect of the topic and write about anything that involves costumes, scariness, ghosts and/or candy. Or, maybe there's a completely different holiday in your part of the world that also involves costumes that you can tell people about. Or a rundown of local candies available where you are. etc.
Exactly, feel free to interpret it any way that you want. Maybe you can even write a Hub on 'A Look At Halloween From Outside Of The United States' or something? There are a lot of options and that's one of the reasons why HubMob is so much fun - the ways that each Hubber writes about the topic and how different each one is.
Well I have written my first HubMob topic, which consists of a poem I simply loved as a teenager. It is spooky and chilling, and so suitable for Halloween. This is not my own work, but I think you will be really impressed by the poem. I was, so much so that I used it for my English Literature class at school, and even the teacher thought it was great, (I did tell him it wasn't my own work in case you were wondering).
I have a 2 ideas. I hope I can squeeze them in today. I'm a little busy today. Maybe tonight when I get home. No hubbing at work today :-( But believe me I'm definitely going to participate. :-P I love hubmobbing ha
I finally got around to my second one! It's not 100% finished, but I can't access YouTube from work. I'll be asking a friend to grab me a video and send me a link later, but anyway here is my second addition to the week. Tips for Applying and Removing Halloween Makeup.
Whitney, there is a vertical hubmob logo. I have one, but I don't know how to put it here. I have read the bad directions, but since I don't want to put the hubpages circle/arrow logo here, it is worthless to me. If somebody explains it to me, I'll be happy to post it, or I could email it to you. Let me know.
Thanks, ProCW, but I meant where did YOU put these images so you were able to link to them in this thread and have them display here, in this thread. If I wanted to put a picture related to my Halloween hub, where would I put the image originally so I could link to it and have it display here? Thanks!
First of all, I hope that you all had an amazing weekend and it's great to see you all back here on HuPages....this is going to be an awesome week!Now, for all of you Hubbers out there who have been following my forum...
A big hairy hug to all the HubMobsters who took part in last week's HubMob and a warm welcome to all the new Hubbers who decided to become HubMobsters. We had a total of 20 hubs published on last week's...
For this week's HubMob, I have decided to cover a topic that is truly close to many people's hearts - their pets. I have never really been a pet owner, but as I meet more and more people I realize the huge role that...
We've made Halloween into a special, two-week Weekly Topic Inspiration theme. If you didn't have time to join in last week, why not have some Halloween fun now?To give you lots of latitude on things to write about, I'm...