jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Tag Trolling and Extermination Day

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I have recently seen some posts indicating that a person can get in real trouble with HP for excessive/irrelevant tags. Even when the only tags you used were the ones suggested by the suggestion tool. In as much as most search engines ignore them anyway, why take the risk? So I have declared this to be my tag killing spree day. I am plowing through my hubs as you read this. smile

Any thoughts, info, or advice? smile

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

About two years ago, I did a lot of work on my tags to make them both fewer in number and more relevant, and got more traffic and earnings as a result.

My hub on fine-tuning your hub experience has a whole capsule on "ditching the tags that are keeping you in the ditch."

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I think part of the problem is that sometimes folks think that the suggested tags should ALL be added.  I thought that I was supposed to add all the suggested tags when I first started publishing hubs.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think your statement applies to darn near all of us. smile

PS The newly introduced "A" aka "summaries" adventure fits in quite nicely with this. Two birds in one shot.

4. paradigmsearch profile image88

7 hours. Between the tags and the summaries, I'm barely half-way done. smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image88

Finally! Got it done, both the tags and the summaries. Took 3 times longer than I thought it would. smile

6. AEvans profile image69
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

I am still working on the summaries. lolololo! I am glad you completed it. smile

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

I rarely if ever used the suggested tags given by HubPages

8. Doc Snow profile image97
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

Very interesting.  So how do you know which tags to ditch?  And what is a good 'average' number of tags to aim for?

I probably have too many!

working