jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is my hub stolen or not?

1. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I'm a bit confused as to whether someone here has stolen my hub or not? Can anyone look and see, and tell me?

hxxp://www.pearltrees.com/#/N-fa=1326931&N-u=1_122677&N-p=10964149&N-s=1_1558456&N-f=1_1558456

Change the hxxp to http, I'm not giving him a live link!

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope - pearltrees is a very interesting website that allows you to create 'trees' - the idea is that you link to thousands of other 'pearls' that are of a similar nature.

I have a few pearltrees - never really explored them enough - may go back and take a look again -  it's a cool way of creating 'visual' backlinks!

1. IzzyM profile image89
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So if someone clicks on my hub that is tucked in there, it should take them to my page, but it doesn't - it still says pearltrees at the top. Then if someone clicks on an ad, who gets paid?

It's a bit like Stumbleupon which has a 'banner' on top but shows the main page - if you look at all the links they are your domain - if you click on one of the links (say profile) you can navigate Hubpages as normal - therefore it's safe to assume that Hubpages is simply being shown in a 'frame' and all clicks within that frame act exactly as if the user was visiting Hubpages directly.

I just added this comment from within pearltrees

1. IzzyM profile image89
              IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'fraid I'm not seeing it.

I responded an hour or so ago saying thanks but then got kicked out of Hubpages! Honestly I thought I'd been banned. I kept getting the error message Forbidden! You don't have permission to access (xyz) on this server. Anything at all to do with Hubpages.

Many thanks for your explanation. I feel better now anyway smile

2. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

That's odd... it's a social bookmarking tool, funny it takes a snapshot.  I don't think it's been stolen though.

working