jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Could HubPages be more discerning regarding published questions?

1. daisynicolas profile image83
    daisynicolasposted 5 years ago

Some of the questions that are submitted are inane, shallow and dim which occupies a lot of space.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image84
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it is the same as with hubs, up to us to flag them!

1. Camille Harris profile image
        Camille Harrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And we sincerely appreciate your efforts in doing so.  You're all an essential part of the moderation process.

2. WriteAngled profile image89
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it is a deliberate attempt to compete with Yahoo Answers. smile

1. I am DB Cooper profile image65
        I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol. The people who participate on Yahoo Answers might give YouTube commenters a challenge for the title of Dumbest People On The Internet. I've found that these sites get a little better around this time of year as the 7-year-olds start heading back to school and don't have as much time to fool around on the net.

2. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I seem to have a noticed an increase in forum questions that have a "flavor" I'm not too thrilled with either (and I don't have all that high a bar for what I find is "OK" on a site of this type).  I understand diversity in individual preferences/purposes on here.  There's a point, though, where there's a fairly universal line among people who use HubPages for reasons other than "fooling around" and socializing with one's own perceived peers.  I'm seeing that line crossed more these days, I think.