jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Weird things going on with comments lately.

1. Bendo13 profile image82
    Bendo13posted 5 years ago

I've started to notice that I get spam comments now that just pull the text from one of my comments and then add a link (sometimes no link is added though).

So like if I reply "Thanks so and so, I'm glad you got something out of my article"  Someone comes in and scrapes my text, leaves the exact same comment and likes to toss in their link, BUT...

I just saw a new twist on this today...
    They copied the last comment I left so it's the same exact text in back to back comments... then they left ANOTHER comment right after that under a different name and left me a giant paragraph trying to explain the topic of my hub.

But if they had actually read my hub they would have noticed they were just repeated what I said in different words.

Now this time they didn't leave a link in either comment but the comments were both from 27.124.3.133

Bendo13posted 5 years ago in reply to this

*repeating

Oh and the text was cut off in my original post for some reason but that IP is from India... and I have no clue what they are trying to gain by leaving duplicate comments with no links, but it's weird and annoying.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
          Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very weird.  Very annoying.  But you seem to be the only victim of that IP, so far.

1. WoodsmensPost profile image65
            WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A friend of mine posted a comment on facebook today and it spammed out the same response 4 times. He lives in Germany something wacky is going on this week

Yeah I wouldn't think anything of it if it was their comment that they posted twice... but it was an old comment of MINE that they copy and pasted as if it was their own original comment...

Must be a new spam tactic they use and sometimes slip up and forget to put in their link

working