jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

What are the steps to creating a summary on your hubs?

1. JT Walters profile image75
    JT Waltersposted 5 years ago

What are the technical steps to creating the summaries to hubs.  Specifically I am trying to find out how to access the summary box so I can write the summary for my hubs.  Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks,

JT

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have  149 hubs and you want to now know how to write a summary?

2. WoodsmensPost profile image72
      WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Looked around in the learning center and didn't find a good explaination for that. Hopefully someone can give you a hand with it. I'm not sure how to answer ,plus I'm on my phone and its hard to type.

Edit : In edit mode look to the right see the box that says reorder, settings,tags summary, group? Click on summary and then write a brief summary also called a meta tag of the hub.

******Look below ezhang gives a better option YAY!!!!

JT Waltersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Wavegirl,

No I have 150 and I need help with the technical aspects. Thanks...:-) JT

Hi WoodsmenPost,

Thanks I will follwo the instructions below.  I appreciate the helpl.

JT

3. ezhang profile image
      ezhangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi JT Walters,

If you click on the icon at the bottom of the Hub Statistics page, there should be a popup explaining the process.

Click on the bottom of the screen where you see:

A = missing summary

This will bring up a explanation for creating summaries. I hope this helps!

Thanks during the storm when we are lock in doors all day it will gve me some time to work on my summaries. Thank you.

All My Best,

JT

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's if you still have electricity. Stay safe smile

Thanks Izzy,

We are having tropical storm conditions but we can make do with whatever because we are well prepared for this storm.  Thanks for your kind words. A few days without electric and we will be okay.

I did one summary now 149 to go.  Thank you again.

JT

1. IzzyM profile image87
              IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you don't mind me saying so, I had a look at your hubs and they are bit on the short side. If I were you, and no I am not a published author so don't hate me, I would increase each hub length by at least 100 words, and when you are writing those summaries, make sure you add your main keywords which are the words you used in your title and url.
              That tropical storm could easily upgrade at a moment's notice. Stay safe smile

working