jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Notification tab in Hubpages

1. Hunbbel Meer profile image90
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

Would you like to see a notification panel in hubpages? Just like facebook?

I would love to see that, because it often happens to me that I lose track of my previous activities (at least I lose some of them).

If a guy is in need of help; he asks a question in the forums; I replied him, helped him, but then he asks some further questions, but I couldn't help him because I lose track of that forum activity.

If there is a notification tab, "xxx has replied back to the forum xxxxxxxx". It will be very helpful. Same goes with the questions/answers sections and yours (and others' hubs too).

Would you like to see such a thing at your homepage?

2. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Is this what you are looking for?

3. Hunbbel Meer profile image90
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

@Haunty: The link isn't opening at all. By removing 'all', it opens the page of my recent activities (hunbbel-meer.hubpages.com/hubtitiy/), but is there no other way to get notified when someone else does an activity on a post which is related to me somehow?

For example: I created this forum post, you replied back to it, I only came to know when I refreshed my news feed, otherwise I will have to go to my forum activity page and search this post in order to check whether has someone replied to my post or not? Right?

I am talking about 'this sort of notification' e.g. "Haunty has replied to your forum post 'Notification tab in Hubpages' 7 minutes ago."

4. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

When I click the link I get this:

If you click 'edit preferences' in the sidebar, you can select what kind of notifications you want to see. If none is selected the page is empty.

Another way to get notifications is by clicking the follow button on a thread. Then you get emails. Also, you can go to your 'edit profile' page and look under 'email settings.'

Sorry, if it is something else you are talking about.