jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Could someone help me understand the URL trackers?

1. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 8 years ago

I have read the FAQs, both the help section and a few of the published hubs as well.  I understand how the affiliate program works and how it pays and all that good stuff.  What I am unclear about is how it is tracked.

Under the URL tracker tab which monitors this stuff, there are tables.  Signups is pretty clear.  But what are the differences between traffic hub views, hub traffic, and hubs?

I'm sorry to be a bother, I know this is the third topic I have posted in here, but I am trying to get into the habit of asking about things I don't understand since I have wasted too much time over the years not being forthright about what I don't get smile

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If you take the time to read the paragraph located just below your table of trackers, you'll find most of what you don't understand explained.

1. Len Cannon profile image89
      Len Cannonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh, well, now I feel kind of silly.

In my own (meager) defense, my eyes tend to completely skim over large blocks of italicize text.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

One of the best tricks I ever learned here at HubPages has been to read EVERYTHING when it comes to the info the site provides about itself.

Then again, for the entire first year I was using the site there wasn't a forum yet, so getting answers to questions took a lot more personal effort.

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

In your defense, it's tough to search stuff sometimes; you can't find what you want if you don't type the query right.  However, I was given a huge gift one day when I asked a question that apparently had been written about on the forums a few times but that I couldn't find so I asked and was leapt upon by the redundancy nazis...

Searching the forum, you need to use the "search forums" search window... which is on the front of the forums page, but BELOW the normal search bar and therefore really, really easy to miss.

The regular search doesn't search the forum, only hubs (or so it seems).

5. broalexdotinfo profile image60
    broalexdotinfoposted 8 years ago

The paragraph in the FAQ section is a bit confusing, I don`t know how you feel, but it`s kind of repeating the same things in difference sentences, I had experienced some issues as well.

In order to use your tracker effectively you need two simple things :

1. Your Hub`s URL which looks like this : http://www.hubpages.com/hub/xxxxxx
    2. A tracker which is already generated for you.

You need to place the tracker before " hub " , and include an underscore, like this :

What I like most about these trackers is that they dont look like Affiliate Links at all. You can even make a tracker for each and every one URL you have, and use a word related to your article wink